Do you like your dog's smell?

Dreeza

I LOVE Oakley's smell.

Well, except right after he comes in from a long walk (outside always makes him smell weird) & if its been too long since he has gotten a bath...lol

Anyone else weird like me & like to lay their heads on their pup & just smell them!?

Scooter

Hmmmm, well mostly right after she's had a bubble bath! She generally doesn't smell "bad" but no, I can't say I particularly "like" it either. Now....puppies! They smell great!

Saeleofu

I LOVE dog smell. Almost any dog, not just my dog. I think my favorite dog's smell is Max, one of my parents' GSDs. Second is Gavroche, though he doesn't have a strong odor. He does have one though, and it's very comforting for me.

I was at a friends house a couple weeks ago, and she has two dachshund puppies. I picked her dogs up and carried them up by my shoulders so I could smell them xD

Saeleofu

My dogs don't have an odor ... except for their frito feet ... lol
All dogs have an odor. It's just whether YOU can smell it or not ;)

Most people would probably say my dog doesn't have an odor, because it's not strong at all. But I can also smell when a nurse gets an IV catheter into a vein from across the room, sooooo :rofl1:

I love how they smell right after a bath... if they go 2 weeks without one, ewww... so they get bathed ALOT, :)

iheartsammy

ME+DOGS=CRAZY
I LOVE the way my dog smells. And boy, do I get funny looks from my family. xD I wouldn't blame them though, it's sorta strange to see someone sniffing their dog. lol!

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
LMAO this is one of the funniest topic subjects to me for some reason... I don't think Auggie smells particularly like anything to me unless he begins to smell like he needs a bath, and no, I don't like that smell! He smells yummy for a few days after a bath. My mom couldn't stop cuddling him and smelling him after his last bath. It's the Mango Tango, haha.

protodog

I love the way Argus (tan mutt) smells, and I often bury my face in her coat. McKeever doesn't have much of an odor, and Venus gets kinda funky if she goes too long without a bath.

FoxyWench

Salty Sea Dog
charlies fairly innofensive but he gets a little musty sometimes...i wouldnt say i "like" his smell, but i certainly dont mind it...
the wowies smell a little like fritos, its quite a plesant smell.
the cresties only have a "smell" when they need a bath...if i can smell them its bath day lol, there naturally "odorless"

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Currently? No. Two days of playing in the mud and then they ate bully sticks. One of them is also very gassy (I think it's summer)

Toller_08

I can't say that I love my dogs' scent, but I'm not opposed to it. I find that Dance doesn't really have a smell. The only time I ever smell her is when we're cuddling and my face is pretty much right against her coat. The Dobermans get a funny smell occassionally if I haven't bathed them in a while... not a bad smell, but doggier than Dance. I think it's because their coats are so short that dirt and stuff stick to them more -- I can brush all of that out of Dance, plus she's more opposed to getting dirty than they are anyway, haha.

AGonzalez

Not a lurker
Lacey smells like...a dog. I don't make a habit of sniffing her, but she doesn't usually smell bad unless she gets wet.
She sleeps in my bed, it still smells fresh from frequent sheet changes, so...meh, I don't mind her smell.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Juno doesn't really smell like much of anything. I couldn't even tell you the last time she was bathed, but I've got my face in her fur all day long lol and never notice an odor. Except for maybe a slight typical dog smell.

I don't think Lucy smells either which is funny, because normally I find dogs with the same type of coat as hers tend to smell more. The only thing about her is that she has stinky breath, so her face is a bit stinky from her licking her lips.

Bailey08

I haven't really noticed a particular smell from B, though I would probably recognize it.

But my brother's dog Annie has a great smelling head -- she always has. We all notice it. {I <3 that girl.}

Taqroy

Since our backyard is currently dirt mostly the dogs smell like....dirt. Lol. Except for when we got to my sisters and then Murphy's head smells like Buddy drool (not good). I have noticed that Mu seems to hold dirt better than Murph though. She'll have whole dust clouds coming off her whereas Murph does not. Although that may be because Murphy doesn't mind the vacuum....lol.

Members online

No members online now.