Cat attacks Pit Bull....

Amstaffer

Did anyone hear on the news today that some lady's Pit Bull was attacked by a stray cat? I was watching ABC news Channel 12 in Milwaukee and they had a story on about a Stray Cat attacking a lady's Pit Bull in he back yard. It was bad enough that she had to take the dog to the Vet to be sewn up.

I didn't catch what city in happen in (Just know CA), did anyone else hear about it? I have been trying to find the story on the web and haven't had any luck.

I wonder if they will push for BSL on cats? ;)

The story is getting ready to come on the local news here. I'll report back!

Not much. I think it was in CA. She just simply let her dog(s) out (yet I saw no footage of another dog) into her fenced in back yard and the cat was there and attacked her dog. She had to take it to the vet and it cost $100 and her dog got a few stitches. She was just complaining that cat owners should be as responsible as dog owners, because if "HER DOG" would have done that... yadda yadda... and she has no idea who the cat's owner is. It was kind of overblown, IMO...

Last edited:

TroyF

Lady has a point though, wandering cats kill wild birds and crap in my garden. Then I have to listen to the wife moan about that on top of my dog peeing on her flowers. Ban cats!

bubbatd

I agree !!! My past neigbor's cats used my garden as a litter box, were after my birds and decided my crawl space was the place to fornicate and have their litters.... the smell was awful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brattina88

Rabid??? I hope the dog/s had it's shots!

bubbatd said:
I agree !!! My past neigbor's cats used my garden as a litter box, were after my birds and decided my crawl space was the place to fornicate and have their litters.... the smell was awful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I fixed that by fostering a high prey drive dog :p chased them out, and even though that dog has been homed the cats do not return. He taught Maddie that inside cats are okay, but outside cats are not - unless I say "Leave It"!

Fran27

No offense TroyF but cats have to live, too. I find it cruel personally to keep a cat indoor, it would be like keeping your dog in your house or in the yard all the time without letting them out.

But again, there are about 10 cats that come and go in my neighborhood so even if mine didn't go outside, it wouldn't change a thing. It doesn't bother me, plus when my cat kills something she leaves it in the yard or brings it in, so nobody else has to suffer from it. And it's not like we don't already have poops to clean anyway.

TroyF

No offense taken. I don't mind cats but if they're roaming about free, crapping in my garden and killing the wild bird population they're more harmful than good IMO. What's the difference between cats roaming free and dogs roaming free?

Cats crap in your garden, dogs crap on your lawn. Dogs could get into fights, cats always get into fights. Cats kill wild bird population, dogs ...don't. Guess that's what coyotes are for.

I was kidding with my first post (when I mentioned banning them) for what it's worth but I do see cats running wild as a completely hyporcritical situation.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
TroyF said:
No offense taken. I don't mind cats but if they're roaming about free, crapping in my garden and killing the wild bird population they're more harmful than good IMO. What's the difference between cats roaming free and dogs roaming free?

Cats crap in your garden, dogs crap on your lawn. Dogs could get into fights, cats always get into fights. Cats kill wild bird population, dogs ...don't. Guess that's what coyotes are for.

I was kidding with my first post (when I mentioned banning them) for what it's worth but I do see cats running wild as a completely hyporcritical situation.
The problem is cat's are harder to contain them than dogs. Most people don't want to keep them inside all the time and never let them breath fresh air, but if they let them outside it's VERY hard to keep them from climbing your fence or to train them to stay in a certain area. I think that's the main problem people have with cats. Although they can be very annoying and although I don't personally have this problem (Lucas is a great cat deterent) my friends have problems with all the above.....cats crapping/digging in their yards and killing the birds.

Just my 2 cents, build a outdoor cat run for your cats, they get to go out, is kept safe from cars/wild dogs/accidents, also keep em out of trouble getting into neighbours yard.

TroyF

I just re-read my post(s). I sound like an a-hole. The world is better place with cats. I just hate the fact that people are so irresponsible with them. If they're outside cats (and you're not worried about the car factor/coyote factor) for the love of pete have a good noisy collar on your pet so the birds have a chance.

My cats stay indoors. You don't even want me to list all the cats me and my aunt have had killed by coyotes, weirdos, and hawks. o.0 My kitties only go outside on a leash with me with them!

Wings said:
Just my 2 cents, build a outdoor cat run for your cats, they get to go out, is kept safe from cars/wild dogs/accidents, also keep em out of trouble getting into neighbours yard.
I've heard of those things before. They're like cat play pens. I have an avery I used to use as a cat playpen but it has a big gaping hole in it now (my dad calls it a cat leak).

Dreeza

oh man, when i first read the title of this thread, i thought it said "car" not cat, lol

anyways...when we were little, we had a sandbox that we looooved to play in...but 3/4 of the time, we couldnt - cause there was CAT POOP in there...it really sucked....

we had this big nasty cat in our yard, who would hiss at US! i was liike dude - this is NOT your yard!!!

I'm sorry, but people who allow their cats to roam annoy me - dogs aren't allowed to roam, but cats are? I do believe cats need fresh air just as much as dogs do, but in order for them to get that you should pen or leash them. I probably will own cats in the future, and they'll be taking walks with my dogs and I LOL

Members online

No members online now.