You all make me miss my bunny!

Hi all!
I had a dwarf rabbit a little over 2 years ago. She was such a hoot! She was litterbox trained and LOVED to jump into the bathtub when there was water in it and play around, granted, she only did this when we could watch her since rabbits aren't known for their swimming abilities :) She also would "growl" at people she didn't like. I didn't believe it, but my sister-in-law got a nasty growl and bite when she tried to rush over and pick my Flower-Bunny off the floor. She would "break out" of her pen at night and jump into bed with my husband and I to cuddle.
Sadly, a year after we got her, Flower developed a hair ball. I took her to the vet as soon as she refused to eat her timothy hay and apples. Even though the vet assurred me Flower would be fine with just some medicine, I knew it was more serious, and asked if they could remove the ball via surgery. The vet said it wasn't needed. Flower couldn't walk by the time we took her home, and I slept on the couch with her in a blanket all night. The next day, I called the vet and requested another appointment, but Flower didn't make it, she died in my arms a half hour later. :( I miss my little bunny. I wish I could get another, but my husband and I are going to be moving around a lot (military), and it wouldn't be good for the bun. At least I still have the pictures though.

~Sarah

Saje

Island dweller
Boo. It's so hard to find a good vet for bunnies. Especially if you live in a smaller or more isolated area. That's really too bad.

It's funny that you mention swimming because on the bunny forum that I go to they had a link about bunnies swimming. Apparently they can and sometimes do! Even can be used for rehabilitation with bunnies with bad joints. Who knew!

http://www.petoftheday.com/

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
My son when he was little wanted a rabbit so bad..he had visions of this big loveable creature that he could sit and stroke...First I got him a mouse so he could learn to take care of a creature in a cage..when he did a good job with the mouse, I got him a little dwarf loppy. This was the meanest rabbit on the planet, no matter what we did, the rabbit's personality never lightened up. then my Daughter brought home a grey rabbit that attacked as soon as the cage door was open. Now this rabbit would be fine if i let it out in the yard with me. She would even come sit next to me and eat a few honey grahams cereal out of my hand, but as soon as she was put in the cage she grew fangs. i was wondering if some rabbit breeds are nicer then others..or if it was just our luck to get demon rabbits. He tried so hard to make friends, but no avail. He did take good care of the monster until her natural lifespan was over. I wish he could have had a sweet rabbit. You see the big white ones on the kids shows, being picked up and loved..when I paint my rabbit rocks everyone says they look grumpy...i wonder why!

Members online

No members online now.