Puddles

Y

yuckaduck

Pug mixed with poddle. I'll let you guys voice your opinion but I have a real battle brewing with a twit that breeds them and gives no guarantees with her pups, no temperment testing before breeding, no health tests before breeding, no contracts to potential buyers, no scanning of potential buyers, if ya got the money here's a pup. She does not do any follow up or accept any returns no matter what. But she is a responsible breeder don't ya know and I sure am crazy to suggest other wise. She does have health problems with her pups but any dog has health problems and her's are much healthier than any purebreed ever could be. Why are you people out there buying purebreeds? Don't you know this breeders puddles are better than anything you have? :rolleyes:
The CKC, AKC, UKC is only full of opinionated people who approve the breeds for registration but really have no idea what they are doing. It is just their opinions. :rolleyes:
I just can't roll my eyes enough here. This is why so many dogs are destroyed yearly because of responsible breeders like this one. :rolleyes:

Y

yuckaduck

I am wondering if this lady could be talking about puggles not puddles. Maybe a typo on her part or she really has no clue. Still I have doubts to how responsible she is.

luvmydogs

well if magnum wasnt fixed and smokey was a female, i could mate them, and sell them as CatDog?? LOL
totally irresponsible, it's all about the $$$ ...they dont realize anything else..
$-bajing-$!!! i'm so tired of hearing about the same ole people...arent u?

Y

yuckaduck

I'm glad you feel the same because I really lite into this lady and I just wanted to amke sure I was not the coo coo one here. What is next? I think we should breed Yuck[gsd]with one of my appaloosa mares. Can we call it German App Dorse or maybe AppShepherd Hugs
AH man the things some people do! :mad:

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I don't think that purposely breeding mutts is a good idea. Although I can't flip out about this lady too much because Mack was a purposely bred mutt and we still bought him. If she is breeding mutts she could atleast have the decency to temperment test the parents and test for any kind of genetic problem. Even if she doesn't offer any sort of contract for the pups atleast she could know that her breeding dogs are sound and worthy enough to breed.

Y

yuckaduck

She has sent me three emails today telling me she does not need to justify herself to me. I never asked her too not once. I kind of wonder if she has been blasted by other people and is desperate for some approval from anyone. Sorry can't help her there at all. I just can't justify a breeder who bad mouths the AKC CKC UKC just to try and make themselves seem better. How can a group of so many be so horrid? Why would so many take the time and effort to register the purebred dogs if no one cared? It makes no sense to me. The hassels to test the dogs and the money put out why bother when you can just through a bunch of dogs together and have litter after litter of pups and then just sell them at 4 weeks old to whoever produces money. I am so discusted. :eek: :rolleyes:

Personally, I've got no use for the AKC . . . BUT . . . anyone who practices such lackadaisical, uncaring and utterly unethical breeding practices is a BYB of the worst sort. The only thing she could be doing worse is keeping numbers of dogs in cages solely for breeding . . .

See my defense

Yup, yuckaduck (also known as hauger on the Today's Parent forums and others) you've been found out as a liar. See the posting I have made.
Easy to make claims when you didn't think I'd be on to defend myself....

Y

yuckaduck

Karen101 said:
Yup, yuckaduck (also known as hauger on the Today's Parent forums and others) you've been found out as a liar. See the posting I have made.
Easy to make claims when you didn't think I'd be on to defend myself....
Guess it was not much of a defense was it? By the way the person who emailed me and I had a hugh arguement with was not you. It was a lady who lives just down the street and she calls them puddles still does to this day. I really am sorry that you felt so guilty that you had to show yourself for what you really are here. You do have to admit that refusing in anyway to do temperment tests and health checks of the parents is not very responsible of you and breeding mutts? Why not go to the shelter and get a nice dog rather than adding to the unwanted dog syndrome.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
I really think the only mutts that should be purposly bred are the Golden Labs that are being used for service dogs. With those, there is a clear-cut purpose behind the mixed breeding and most of those breeding programs are more stringent about choosing the lines than most top show breeders are.

bubbatd

Zoom.... there are chocolate, black and golden labs.....breed 2 golden labs and the chance they'll all be golden . A golden lab is not a cross of a lab and a golden . It's the color of a pure bred.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
bubbatd said:
yellow labs and golden labs are the same thing.
Colorwise, yes. But I'm talking about actually crossing a Lab with a GR. Animal Planet did a show on them as service dogs back when they still ran decent daytime programming. I think it was either "That's My Baby" or the show that came right after it...I can't remember the name at the moment.

bridey_01

Kelpiefied
I don't agree with breeding purebred or mixed breed dogs if they have any history of health problems. Many, MANY purebred dogs today have breed specific problems that tend to disapear when a bit of hybrid vigour is tossed in there (those poor shepherd with the sloping backs, massive hip dysplasia in mastiffs, huge breathing/eating problems in bull dogs). That being said, I would ONLY buy a mixed breed for one of two reasons. Either it is a shelter dog, or it has been specifically bred for a purpose it would better carry out with another breed in there, such as aussie farmers who regularily intermix kelpies/borders/cattles.

I agree that purposely breeding of mixed dogs is ok when with purpose. Like Alaskan Huskies for dog sled racing, a mix of Siberian Husky, Greyhound and/or German Shorthaired Pointer. However mixing two breeds because the resulting puppies are "cute" and people want them is NOT a good reason for breeding mixes and shouldn't be done. Actually breeding at all whether mix or pure must have a good purpose.

Members online

No members online now.