what else can i feed duke?

chilled

hi, we have experimented in loads of food for our 4 month old boxer cross rhodesian ridgeback, and the only food which makes his pooh hard is meat.

buscuits makes his pooh runny.

is meat a well balanced for him???

what other things can i give him as his ribs are still showing??

im in englans so some things i cant get.

thanks

Adrienne

Raw meat, meaty meat on bone, raw eggs (introduce slowly can cause diarrhea, well all these things can if not introduced slowly), and organ meat are all part of a nutritionaly appropriate diet for a dog. I can give you a link to a raw feeding forum, it has tons of good information on it with some people on there having fed raw for numerous years, (20+).

Good foods to start with are chicken carcasse's, pork, lamb, veal, and rabbit these all have very soft, easy to digest bones although you can give without the bones on some meals. Bone should only take up about 10-15% of the dogs total diet. Let me know if you want the link.

Adrienne

What kind of dog foods do you have available to you in the UK? You could post a couple and ask Mordy for advice on what one would be the least likely to cause diarrhea.

Raw meat isn't that expensive if you look for deals. I only buy things that are $1.00 a pound or less. Gunnar only eats about two pounds of meat a day when he gets raw.

Fran27

Meat alone isn't balanced at all.

You need to get a good food and stick to it. No matter what you try, it's very likely that changing food all the time will cause diarrhea.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
meat scraps and bones for dogs are generally very cheap, especially if you can pick up from a local butcher or slaughterhouse. you don't need to buy the cuts for human consumption sold in grocery stores.

Members online

No members online now.