Weird looking scratch

Fran27

Tips got this scratch to his front left leg a few days ago. We didn't think much about it because he's playing with Boris all the time and scratches happen.

But I just looked at it today because it seems bigger. The hair is gone, and it's like his skin is peeling (it's not a big area though). Any idea what it can be? He doesn't seem to care at all nor to scratch it.

I'm going to the vet tomorrow for his second set of shots anyway, but just wondering if someone has an idea of what it could be.. Allergy maybe?

Fran27

I have no clue where he could have got it, it's really weird. Oh well I will know tomorrow hopefully.

Fran27

Still no idea. It wasn't round worms, so he gave me some medicated shampoo to use three times a week on the spot. He doesn't really like it (especially as it has to sit for 5 minutes, lol), but it seemed to work. Today the peeling has stopped and hair is starting to grow again.

zoepup

Lhasa Apso lover
I have a cat that has the same issue. Even though he's not a dog it was a couple of spots on his skin and they gave me medicated shampoo and it had to sit for 10 minutes. Imagine sitting with a wet cat for 10 minutes! They seem to be getting better so the shampoo works good.

Members online

No members online now.