Chemo...is it suppose to do this???

Barb04

Super Moderator
I'm so happy to hear that all is going well and Shelby and Hannah were happy to see each other. How is Mack doing?

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Mack's doing fine. I think he's a little sad that Shelby's getting spoiled now and not him. I would have to say Shelby has adjusted to this quicker than me and my husband have though. She still has a little difficulties every now and then but not too many. She went to the vet today for a checkup, and they are very hopeful about her and her recovery.

Barb04

Super Moderator
I'm so glad to hear the vet gave you good news. I'm pulling for Shelby to have a full recovery and enjoy life with her family!

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I have all my fingers and toes crossed that this is over with as well. I'm so scared that she will still be sick though. Although, I was very pleased the bill wasn't as outrageous as I thought it would be. It was in the lower thousands of dollars. I was told the surgery alone was like 6 grand, and what he charged was less. I think the vets office sort of took pity on us though, so AMEN for that!

If you never do another thing in your whole life, Julie, know that you have accomplished more good and been more unselfish than many ever manage. You've gone to the wire for Shelby - first when she was showing some aberrant behaviour, and now, giving her a chance at life once again, when so many would have shrugged it off with the attitude that Shelby is "just a dog."

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I never thought of Shelby as "just a dog". From the moment that I looked at her you could tell she was special. I don't know what kind of life she came from before, it might have been good or bad, but I am determined to give her the best quality of life that I can. Thanks Renee. I know me and my husband took many days to decide do we do the surgery, just stick with chemo, or do we put her down. And I really believe that this surgery was the best for her. She has a new leash on life, and I think her additude has changed a little too. Some maybe her leg was the reason for her aggression and the other problems that we had with her.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Julie, you and your husband have hearts of gold. Shelby is lucky to have found the 2 of you, and I know she has touched both of you in a special way.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
Well, Shelby's sick agian. She had to go to the vets this morning. She got really dehydrated, and since she had an appointment today anyways the vet just decided to keep her for a day and give her iv's and stuff. He's gotta run some more tests on her as well. We're hoping that we got the cancer, that it hasn't spread, or atleast spread TOO bad.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Oh Julie, I pray everything will be okay with Shelby. I'm so sorry to hear she's not feeling well. Please keep us informed. You know how much we care about her.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I will, I should hear back from him tomorrow. I'll probably go get Shelby in the morning, or early afternoon and then he'll call me probably the beginning of next week to give me the test results.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Julie, I know it's going to be a long week for you waiting for the test results. My heart goes out to you and your family as well as Shelby that everything will be alright.

bubbatd

Julie, my heart goes out to the 3 of you. My Bear went through hydration 3 times....twice I brought him home for a few good years..the 3rd time he was in very bad shape . Bless Shelby and you who have done your up most. Let us know tomorrow...until then, will have you all in my thoughts and prayers. {{{ Hug }}}

Members online

No members online now.