Question about Flea Shampoo

Khristine

I heard to use any shampoo with Neem in it. Is that correct? I bought PennyRoyal Shampoo, It's ingredients are:

Tea Tree Oil, Neem Oil, Cedar Oil & D'Limonene, Eucalyptus Oil.

Will this help with fleas? (this was the only shampoo i found with "neem" in it) And I didn't want to use the generic flea shampoo :p

Perfect! You couldn't ask for a much better bunch of ingredients. Neem is fantastic for killing fleas without being toxic. Any other kind of flea shampoo makes me itch for hours after I've washed it off of my hands and arms - but the Neem doesn't irritate me at all. I can only think the irritation from other flea killing ingredients to a dog's skin is a thousand times worse than it is to mine, so the fact that the Neem doesn't irritate my skin tells me it's got to be easier on the dogs'!

Tea Tree oil is great to combat yeast, fungus, prickly heat, etc.

Khristine

wonderful! i was starting to doubt myself, i didn't know if it'd work or not lol. :D

BagelDog

Not crazy...
Eh. If you really want to kill fleas and keep them off, use Revolution. It kills flea within 30 minutes, ticks within a day, and keeps away mange and worms.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
revolution is not a good product at all. unlike advantage or frontline, it's systemic and absorbed into the bloodstream. it also has a fairly bad track record for adverse reactions and deaths.

in the timeframe from 5/26/99 to 5/2/05, a little under 6 years, 9737 dogs were reported as treated for adverse reactions, and 223 deaths. that's roguhly 1623 dogs treated for adverse reactions and 37 deaths per year the product has been on the market. i'd be interested how many were not reported.

there are much safer options on the market.

showpug

Revolution is not any different then monthy heartworm protection if you think about it, actually revolution is a heartworm preventative and in the same family as some of the others like Heartguard and Iverheart etc. They are usually all in the "mectin" family. Revolution is selamectin (sp) In the 5 years I worked in the clinic we never had a problem. My dogs were on it for a couple of years with absolutley no problems. I hear you guys though and I don't like to use pesticides on a regular basis either, but some problems call for them. Advantage is a good choice as it stays topical and only affects the central nervous system of the flea. Keep in mind that fleas can and do cause health problems if left un-treated. They can cause tapeworms, flea-bite dermatitis, and fleas can also make puppies and kittens anemic if they have a bad enough infestation.

bubbatd

I have never found a good shampoo or dip....it was an ever going battle until Advantix K9 came out. Stop them before it starts !! In the 70s I spent many $$$ spraying everything outside and still had fleas that were picked up from squirrels, rabbits and stray cats.....even my cats whom I tried everything on. I had a litter of goldens that year and spent maybe 5 hours a day with a nit comb and alcohol to kill each flea. Thank God for what we have today !!

i had a litter of pups

Members online

No members online now.