The Good News thread

My friend whose animals I look after when she's out of town called -- she's going to be out of town during December, but she also invited me to their late Thanksgiving get-together tomorrow :)

Way better than that cabbage/chicken/shrimp stir-fry I scrounged together out of scraps yesterday, lol!

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
I'm glad I stopped into this thread--haven't stopped in before. The good news--everyone's good news makes me happy! :p

darkchild16

We are Home.
WHOOP WHOOP! :D:D:D

*lowercase*
I cant imagine doing a plastic tree. The smell of the tree is what makes Christmas.

Morgan came up to me and said Love You Mom today <3 I think he was only copying Bev but he has never said that. Hes been having a rough couple days and we have been at odds most of the time this end of the week with our routine messed up and him being sick, mom being here, just EVERYTHING. So that was definatly a nice thing to hear. Hes also quite cute running up to the bunny cage thats in the middle of the living room and laying there watching them and calling Burger Bun over so he can pet him.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
My dog went to THREE pet stores tonight and did not freak out. She kind of almost acted like a normal dog. The automatic doors opening? No big deal. Someone slamming a cart into the cart corral? Again, hardly gained a glance. Which, normally these are the types of scenarios where she needs to have either a Gentle Leader on or a martingale, because she freaks and tries bolting. She was wearing her fleece sweater though so I wonder if that paralyzed her movements lol.

But now she gets a break for a couple days before we attempt more field trips.

Also, pwcorgi is awesome and should probably just take Juno for the next forever months, because she is way better at sticking up for my dog than I am and is actually able to communicate to people how my dog needs to be interacted with. :p

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
My dog went to THREE pet stores tonight and did not freak out. She kind of almost acted like a normal dog. The automatic doors opening? No big deal. Someone slamming a cart into the cart corral? Again, hardly gained a glance. Which, normally these are the types of scenarios where she needs to have either a Gentle Leader on or a martingale, because she freaks and tries bolting. She was wearing her fleece sweater though so I wonder if that paralyzed her movements lol.

Also, pwcorgi is awesome and should probably just take Juno for the next forever months, because she is way better at sticking up for my dog than I am and is actually able to communicate to people how my dog needs to be interacted with. :p
I came home and was hoping you had posted about her today! She was, a mofo rockstar today!! :D

Though really, I think this is awesome enough for its own thread!!

CaliTerp07

My Christmas decorations are up! My husband is allergic to pine (breaks out in hives :() so we can't have a real tree, BUT when I was at Michael's getting fake snow for the little village, he found "scentsicles". They're little pine smelling things that you hang on the tree, so now my living room smells like Christmas tree!!!

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy

This is fantastic!

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Set up my Christmas tree last night! :D Mom came out and helped me put it up, then we made a 10:00pm shopping trip to Walmart to buy lights, scent things, and some ball ornaments to go with my personalized ones. I also got a tree for Mike's place!

Very good night.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Being told not to come into work... most awesome thing ever.
You're welcome ;)

After I read your post in the venting thread about never getting weekend days off, when Brian talked about cutting someone today I may or may not have suggested you get the day off.

Chazhound, getting you days off work since November 2012. :p

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I made Hannah a chore/allowance chart today. I took some problem areas we've been having and put them on the chart and as long as she does them every day she'll earn her allowance at the end of the week. she's very excited about it and today she's been vigilant about her "sponsibilities" LOL but it's the first day so I know that enthusiasm will wear off... until her first payday :)

Members online

No members online now.