If you feel immune from BSL - List of 75 banned or restricted breeds

goosey

BSL is the most narrow minded idiotic tactic ever.
We don't wipe out or ban the German's because Hitler was a terrible man.
So why is it any different for dogs.

Thanks for the post you forget how many breeds are ban sometimes.

B

BigDogs

well it's obvious. That little pug might sneeze and blow snot all over you, and that fox terrier will tear up the carpet and furniture.

Tahla9999

I believe this list mean the breeds that have been ban, not only in counties and states, but also in apartments.

Doberdogs

Living on Doberman Drive
This list doesn't surprise me. BSL should concern all dog owners, big and small. Purebreds or mixed breeds.

MickiK

Wow - I thought I knew a lot about dogs, but I was definitely surprised to see so many have been banned in specific areas. The Blue Heeler ban surprises me, I guess, I thought they were a bit too obscure to be banned. That and I had the most wonderful Blue Heeler (Silver) when i was a kid - definitely not the kind of dog that should be banned.
Micki
Happy Healthy Puppy | Your guide to choosing a happy and healthy new puppy dog.

lolapup

Wow!

Wow! I didn't even know about this. I have heard about restrictions on American Pit Bulls because it is against the law to own one in Miami-Dade County, Florida but not other breeds.

Thanks for the info.

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
Its all the owners fault usually. I have never seen a pit bull type dog acting up, however, all those small dogs will bite you at every chance. Well, most of them. Some can be nice. I wish the owners could be fined and the dogs all re homed. For Goodness sakes, a Golden Retriever?? And a lab, seriously, someone needs to put some thought into this.

babymomma

Remembering Casey ♥
Its all the owners fault usually. I have never seen a pit bull type dog acting up, however, all those small dogs will bite you at every chance. Well, most of them. Some can be nice. I wish the owners could be fined and the dogs all re homed. For Goodness sakes, a Golden Retriever?? And a lab, seriously, someone needs to put some thought into this.
Wow.. Thats the kind of mind that has gotten pits banned in some provinces here... Just.. WOW

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
Wow.. Thats the kind of mind that has gotten pits banned in some provinces here... Just.. WOW

I'm sorry, that didn't come across the way I wanted it too. I am trying to say that most pit bulls are the sweetest things with the right owners, and small dogs can be too, but it seems like more irresponsible owners buy small dogs, and they end up being nippy and mean. I have seen small dogs that are nice, it depends a lot on the owner. Again, I am sorry this did not come across the way I meant it too. :'(

Can you send me a friend request or PM about this ? I will definitly show my support and get more dog lovers in my area fimilar and aware of this !

When will people realize that it is the owners not the dog. Saying that I get nervous when any dogs are around and off leash (anywhere other than an off leash park). It is the dog because they can hurt you but it is more I have no idea who the owner is and how they have trained the dog and just because they yell out it is Ok he is friendly as the dog is running to my children doesn't put my mind at ease. I don't think that banning breeds is the answer but I also believe that people who have "working" types of dogs who can do damage to other people have to respect and realize that you can't leave a pit bull just sitting outside of a store door where people have no choice but walk inches away from it. Like I said it is the owner not the dog but people have no idea who you are and how you trained the dog.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
The updated list. Look at it closely. For all those people who say "It's not my breed"...this list now includes Golden Retrievers and Labs, the two breeds most commonly referred to as "perfect family dogs". Pugs and Boston Terriers are on this list, some of the so-called "safe little dogs". So yes, it is YOUR breed coming under fire. If we don't keep on top of knee-jerk blanket bans or laws steeped in outright prejudice and idiocy, then we're all being set up to lose our dogs.

1.AIREDALE TERRIER
2.AKBASH
3.AKITA
4.ALAPAHA BLUE BLOOD BULLDOG
5,ALASKAN MALAMUTE
6.ALSATIAN SHEPHERD
7.AMERICAN BULLDOG
8.AMERICAN HUSKY
9.AMERICAN PIT BULL TERRIER
10.AMERICAN STAFFORDSHIRE TERRIER
11.AMERICAN WOLFDOG
12.ANATOLIAN SHEPHERD
13.ARIKARA DOG
14.AUSTRALIAN CATTLE DOG
15.AUSTRALIAN SHEPHERD
16.BELGIAN MALINOIS
17.BELGIAN SHEEPDOG
18.BELGIAN TURVUREN
19.BLUE HEELER
20.BOERBUL
21.BORZOI
22.BOSTON TERRIER
23.BOUVIER DES FLANDRES
24.BOXER
25.BULLDOG
26.BULL TERRIER
27.BULL MASTIFF
28.CANE CORSO
29.CATAHOULA LEOPARD DOG
30.CAUCASIAN SHEPHERD
31.CHINESE SHAR PEI
32.CHOW-CHOW
33.COLORADO DOG
34.DOBERMAN PINSCHER
35.DOGO DE ARGENTINO
36.DOGUE DE BORDEAUX
37.ENGLISH MASTIFFS
38.ENGLISH SPRINGER SPANIEL
39.ESKIMO DOG
40.ESTRELA MOUNTAIN DOG
41.FILA BRASILIERO
42.FOX TERRIER
43.FRENCH BULLDOG
44.GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG
45.GOLDEN RETRIEVER
46.GREENLAND HUSKY
47.GREAT DANE
48.GREAT PYRANEES
49.ITALIAN MASTIFF
50.KANGAL DOG
51.KEESHOND
52.KOMONDOR
53.KOTEZEBUE HUSKY
54.KUVAZ
55.LABRADOR RETRIEVER
56.LEONBERGER
57.MASTIFF
58.NEOPOLITAN MASTIFF
59.NEWFOUNDLAND
60.OTTERHOUND
61.PRESA DE CANARIO
62.PRESA DE MALLORQUIN
63.PUG
64.ROTTWEILER
65.SAARLOOS WOLFHOND
66.SAINT BERNARD
67.SAMOYED
68.SCOTTISH DEERHOUND
69.SIBERIAN HUSKY
70.SPANISH MASTIFF
71.STAFFORDSHIRE BULL TERRIER
72.TIMBER SHEPHERD
73.TOSA INU
74.TUNDRA SHEPHERD
75.WOLF SPITZ

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Great Dane, Newfoundland, Cattle Dog? WHAAAATTT?!

Who's making up these stupid lists!?

JoJoGal

Who came up with this list? Is it even in this country? Or is it just listing dogs that are banned somewhere? In Florida, I really don't know of any banned breeds. I know that homeowners who rent out their homes, or apartment complexes many times will prohibit pit bulls, but other than that, we really have no banned dogs in florida.

colliewog

Collies&Terriers, Oh My!
Who came up with this list? Is it even in this country? Or is it just listing dogs that are banned somewhere? In Florida, I really don't know of any banned breeds. I know that homeowners who rent out their homes, or apartment complexes many times will prohibit pit bulls, but other than that, we really have no banned dogs in florida.

It's not state-wide, but particular counties have passed legislation. Pit Bulls have been banned in Miami-Dade county since 1988 ... and many others have been toying with the idea for years. The only thing saving them is stronger opposition from the 'good guys'.

Members online

No members online now.