Shi-poo??Puggle??Peke-a-poo??

Bailey08

I think it was a couple of years ago now, I was walking home from work and saw this cute little puppy. I stopped to ask the (visibly proud) parents what she was. I think they said she was a puggle. I replied "Thanks, my brother has a mutt who looks a lot like your dog and we could never figure out what she was. I'll have to let him know." I actually felt really bad about it later, because I really didn't mean to offend them. My bro was pissed that I implied his dog was a puggle!

I work with someone whose (pet store) dogs had an "accidental" litter (truly inadvertent, but of course it never should have happened in the first place; I've had to bite my tongue 'til it was bloody). Anyway, a couple of potential adoptions fell through, so I Googled the puppies' 'hybrid breed name' and told her to refer to them that way. You know they're going to get adopted quickly with their stupid designer dog name.

Anyway, I think most people just don't know. I would never purchase one, and I truly wish they weren't being bred, but they're not any worse IMO than the standard puppymill or BYB pups.

And everytime I've told them that their dog is a mixed breed, not a purebred because they seem to think that their dog is a registered purebred. Those dogs don't have any history [except that two breeds were mixed and the names of those two breeds were mixed to make this "OMG PUREBRED DOG THAT DOES NOT SHED!!!', and will never be registered with AKC or UKC.

I think they're rediculous, and because of this, I think they look gross.
Nah, I can't go there.

Some of the stranger mixes look, well, ... strange. But for the most part the "designer dogs" themselves are usually really cute.
The dumb parts are:

a.) People purposely breeding them and promoting them as something they are not ... "New Breed!!" .. "None Ever Shed!!" ... "All Hypoallergenic!". These "breeders" are looking for one thing ... to make a buck from the latest fad. They usually charge much more for their dogs than true breeders who are breeding recognized breeds.

b.) Idiots who do zero research, fall for the hype and pay top dollar for a mutt. Then they argue with someone who has a clue ... a groomer, trainer, or other dog enthusiast who tries to gently tell them they've been taken ... that their dog is not a recognized breed, that they should not be surprised if the dog does in fact shed, or that they or their child is still allergic even though this dog was advertised to be "hypoallergenic".

The dogs themselves are cute and totally innocent ... I can't blame them for stupid human tricks.

Members online

No members online now.