Girly Stuff

Torch

How pathetic is it that I looked at the photo and was like "Hmm what kind of braid is - GREEN LANTERN."

This is why I fail at being girly.
That's not a fail in my book. That's a mother effin win.

And ladies, I learned it from youtube. It's called a fishtail braid and it's pretty fun!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Me too!!

Okay so after I showered and tried scrunching my hair and failed, I went swimming and then went to work without brushing it, and the underneath had TONS of spiral/ringlet curls! But the top was still meh. :( Whyyyy? I didn't use any product though, so I'm hoping that by adding the conditioner and mousse or gel it will help. I also think that the top layer of my hair got too dry before I tried scrunching it. I had it up in a towel for a bit before I tried scrunching it and THEN I brushed it out, THEN scrunched it. Next time I'm gonna brush it in the shower, and scrunch it right after I get out.

I got some pics of it after swimming that I'm gonna post in a bit.
It tends to work better if everything is done when your hair is sopping wet. :) I turn off the shower, flip upside down, fill a cup with water and dump it on my hair. Then I add product and scrunch.

If I use anything to comb, I only use a wide toothed comb. And again, that's when my hair is dripping wet. Usually though I just run my fingers through it.

It might take some experimenting and also, might be something where your hair just needs to adapt to it. My hair has changed a looot in the last 6 months since I've started taking care of it differently.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Doing the headband wrap is the only way I can get my hair to do this AND have it stay more than 30 minutes. can

Tips or suggestions on making my own scented coconut oil lotion?

I've been reading on pinterest to melt down the oil and the mix it with other essential oils then pour it into its own container. Any scent suggestions? Anything else I should maybe add to make it work better?

I've rubbed the coconut oil on after my showers occasionally, but it is SO greasy. It's a great moisturizer, but dang. I feel like I sat in a vat of oil.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Tips or suggestions on making my own scented coconut oil lotion?

I've been reading on pinterest to melt down the oil and the mix it with other essential oils then pour it into its own container. Any scent suggestions? Anything else I should maybe add to make it work better?

I've rubbed the coconut oil on after my showers occasionally, but it is SO greasy. It's a great moisturizer, but dang. I feel like I sat in a vat of oil.
Your lucky you can do that ... If I tried that I would probably break out all over my body in oil-pimples :p.

Your lucky you can do that ... If I tried that I would probably break out all over my body in oil-pimples :p.
I have very dry skin. I put lotion on after every shower or else I itch so bad.

Until I tried OCM I thought I had oily skin on my face. I guess I was removing so much oil with my skin cleansers that my face was over producing. My acne has been better since I've started OCM. It's not perfect, or gone, but it does seem to be better.

Romy

Taxiderpy
Does anybody know of good sunblocks? I've tried several "normal" sunblock brands and they all make me break out really bad. It's the same reason I've never worn them, but because of the melasma I really don't have a choice unless I want weird dark patches forever.

Not sure if there's a such thing as natural sunblock. Bleah.

crazedACD

Does anybody know of good sunblocks? I've tried several "normal" sunblock brands and they all make me break out really bad. It's the same reason I've never worn them, but because of the melasma I really don't have a choice unless I want weird dark patches forever.

Sunscreen pills maybe? I don't know anything about them but I heard doctors are recommending them...
http://sunassure.com/index.cfm

http://www.webpronews.com/sunscreen-pills-could-provide-an-easy-alternative-to-lotions-2012-07

JessLough

Love My Mutt

Never tried it, but recipe for natural sunblock, says Google.

http://frugallysustainable.com/2012/03/a-recipe-for-natural-homemade-sunscreen/

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
When does a little indulgence become an issue?

When you drop $30 at Lush just buying bath bombs.

But this one smells like the beach!
But this one has glitter!
but this one has flowers!
this one has coacoa butter!

It is not normal for a 21 year old to be taking hour long baths every weekday evening :rofl1:

When does a little indulgence become an issue?

When you drop $30 at Lush just buying bath bombs.

But this one smells like the beach!
But this one has glitter!
but this one has flowers!
this one has coacoa butter!

It is not normal for a 21 year old to be taking hour long baths every weekday evening :rofl1:
At 21 I was doing the same thing;) I still take baths pretty much every evening as they really help settle me, but around 21 I know I was because my job at the time was so darn stressful. That was around the time I was really into making my own bath bombs too. They are easy, fun and CHEAP!

katielou

Slave to the Aussie

The only two types so far that haven't broken me out are these

http://www.amazon.com/Neutrogena-Pure-Free-Sunblock-Lotion/dp/B001P93MLE

http://www.amazon.com/Clarins-Sunscreen-Care-Milk-Lotion-Spray/dp/B004VIFPT8/ref=pd_sim_bt_4

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Who was the one that recommended Lush shampoo/conditioner?

I SHAKE MY FIST AT YOU!

Dammit they are so good! My hair smells like a cupcake!! It's so soft and shiny!

DAMMIT I DONT HAVE THE BUDGET FOR THIS!!

CURSE YOU!!!

Now I need them.
ALL OF THEM!

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Tips on how to have smooth, sexy arm pits?
- Start with hot water (do all your shaving last)
- Apply conditioner (yes..conditioner.. to arm pits, let sit) this will soften the hair you need to shave (even if it's barely any hair..it helps)
- apply shaving cream (I just use conditioner again lol but that's just me)
- Raise arm REALLY HIGH (the more taut that skin is, the closer you can get)
- Shave as closely as you can, in every direction. If possible, use a new razor.
- Rinse all conditioner/foam off
- Rinse area in COLD water
- Dry
- Apply TEND SKIN (can be found at any drug store) to reduce risk of razor bumps, redness, etc.. http://www.amazon.com/Tend-Skin-Solution-Unsightly-Ingrown/dp/B001ECQ7G4
- Walk around like a chicken until it dries
- Put on some lotion and deodorant and go on with your day! HURRAY! YOU NOW HAVE PRETTY ARMPITS!

Members online