don't blame the dog...

borzoimom

Couch Pototoe City
Last night I went to bed early as I pulled a muscle in my chest from doing river rock and pea gravel with a bucket. Woke up normal time 5am, come down the stairs and here is a puddle on the rug.. ( eyes zubin and femka with suspecion- which one of you did this as I was shocked...). Lets them both outside- both did normal routine- so no indication who did it. Comes back in the house, grabs a towel to get the spot off the floor but it has no odor. Hubby by then is up and comes down the stairs. In shock I said " one of these two pee'd on the floor..." He says " uhh well that was me.. I started laughing- he said no no I mean I spilled the water pot for the plants on the floor... He said I thought I got up all the water.. So- dont blame the dogs...
Who else has type of stories to tell?? :D

AGonzalez

Not a lurker
LOL, not me, normally if there's an accident...one of my two has had a problem!
Like yesterday morning...I woke up to the most horrible smell in the world, coming from downstairs...I didn't want to look, at 6:30 AM you just don't want to look!
Something I fed them (more than likely the chicken we'd had for dinner is my guess) did NOT settle right...both puppy and Smokey had exploded. Teach me to feed them leftover meat from dinner! (It was boneless chicken breasts so I still don't know what caused the explosion)

It was just, horrifying.

bubbatd

Glad you didn't scold the dogs Borz !!! As to the piles ...not their fault !

borzoimom

Couch Pototoe City
No I would not blame them- ie not caught in the act but it was shocking. No dog I had would I have a housebreaking problem.. I was just laughing that I went to " hmm wet spot- must be a dog- who was sick" and found out it was hubby with the plant water can... lol..

Suzzie

Aging Canine Advocate
well i have a story about blaming the WRONG dog...

my SO's old beagle mix Murphy loves to root through trash... and my SO loves to leave bags of trash laying around so in the morning he can take them to the curb when he goes to work.

Well, one night he got up for a drink of water, and Murphy ran out and found the trash bag. I woke up (I sleep lightly) and heard her ripping, tearing, and shredding. I go out, grab her, shove her back in my SO's room (he's now taking a shower so he doesn't hear me), and march back to bed, leaving the mess for him.

A little while later, he comes out and I hear him go, "Oh, ****."

A little while after that, I get a text message asking if my dog Blossom had escaped in the middle of the night from my room because there was a HUGE MESS in the hallway.

Poor Blossom was wrongly accused. :(

Members online