I swear this dog will be the death of me!!!!

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I've been away the weekend. Fred was lethargic and sick when I was gone and other half had to take him to the vets... He's ok now :)

I just called the animal hospital about his shoulder, all good. Introduce more walking, get him back up to normal exercise, no further appointments. Yay!

So I take him out... Thinking I will give him 10 mins off lead, then on lead.

Let him off... In about 5 mins, I take a photo.... And notice a pool of blood in the grass. Yep, it's Fred. Pouring with blood. I think he's gouged his pad... It poured and poured, but seems to have stopped now.... He won't let me look properly little sh!t, but I think a chunk came off when I washed and dried it.

If he doesn't kill himself, I will kill him. 12 weeks on lead, 5 mins off and blood. I knew it would happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Bandaged it up in the ends, as it was clotting and he was licking it and it would bleed again... Big clotty lumps coming off it. He's meant to be swimming in the morning, not sure what to do. Idiot dog!!!!!!!!!!

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Wow, Fred, give your mom a break already!!! :eek:

Feel better quickly, big guy!

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
It stopped bleeding, so I popped him in the car this morning and took him to the trainers for swimming... And it promptly started bleeding again!

She reckoned we should just bung him in the pool, which we did, and he loved (he has become a proper water baby <3 ). It wasn't too bad, and it cleaned it up lovely. Still bled a bit, but she got her 1st aid kit out and we bandaged him up again properly.

Seems fine, and he hasn't bothered with the bandage! He has sliced his carpal pad in 2 places I think. Should heal fine, but seriously..... Fred. Stop damaging yourself PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

I have to say, seeing him off lead, even for 5 mins, was amazing :D I can't wait to get him off again :)

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Aww poor Frederick! :( Hurt pads just suck.

He's just your average silly, accident prone GSP!!! Seriously... my friend's amazing GSP boy had about 10 injuries before he was an adult. One resulted in a huge lump on his head that never fully went away. They're just so loveable though.

Members online