Rabbit babys on deaths door

Maxy24

How much would an autopsy at the vet cost? I mean you could do it if you know what you are looking for. Do you have a microscope? Do you know where to look or what everything is supposed to look like?

I'm very sorry this happened :( I really hope the others pull through, I wonder what is wrong :confused: How many are left and how many appear sick?

hedwig

i have five left. 3 healthy rufus who is looking alot better and lil who is ill.

she is trying to toilet but cant seem to. as its a good sign her organs are still working i gave a tad of laxative to try help move things along and some lectade. hopefully it will help and then she can start recovering from neomonia.

i keeping her in tonight so it will go one way or the other tonight

hedwig

she is alive this morning. got the runs badly, keep cleaning her up and feeding her lectade which is a drip and she seems to be better. at least i no her stomach is mending.

but weather neomonia can be healed i dont no.

if anyone can research into neomonia and rabbits i would be so gratefull.

Maxy24

At least he insides are working, I'm glad she is holding on. I'll go look up rabbit pneumonia and get back.

Maxy24

Alright, are you SURE she has Pneumonia? If she does she MUST be on antibiotics, if she is left without it for too long her lungs will die. For just some relief a human vaporizer or vicks will help but she NEEDS antbiotics if she is not already on them. http://petcaretips.net/pneumonia-pet-rabbit.html

What other symptoms do they have? I'd like to know what is killing them, can you have a vet come out to the house?

hedwig

I spent most of day asking around but everybody refused to take her to vets, with out anti boitics she would surely of died.

when feeding her earlyer it went on her lungs. she could hardily breath.

so i put her down. it killed me inside to watch her suffer. i hate myself for it.

you will probably despise me but i flooded her lungs till she died. she was dead in 2o secs. i have to live with myself for killing in her in such a way but at least i no it was fast and less painless then her suffering.

im not trained to kill by hitting them over the head so its the best i could do.

i cant stop crying because she trusted me but i let her down and ended her life. i hate myself for what i did

Members online

No members online now.