Dog Saves Family in Fire, But . . . .

Miakoda

No surprise there.

I've run out of every emotion except the "angry" one when it comes to attitudes about these dogs.

Tahla9999

She place her body over the child to protect the child from being burned. That is utterly amazing and hopefully this story would gain attention and an apartment would let them stay. It is so sad how so many apartments don't allow pit bulls. That is one reason why pit bulls are so hard to place.

Saeleofu

This is why I won't be getting a bully breed until I own my own home. I just don't want to risk something like this happening. Gavroche was even accused of being a put bull at the first apartment I lived (that guy got a lecture, and I even pulled out my DNA test saying he's Boxer and Scottie to "prove" it :rofl1:).

That's just such a terrible situation. The poor dog, and the poor family.

Kat09Tails

*Now with Snark*
This is why I won't be getting a bully breed until I own my own home. I just don't want to risk something like this happening.
It's a novel plan, however sometimes it causes problems when going to find home owners insurance as well. I can't count how many insurance companies it took my brother going through before his rott mix became a lab mix.

Saeleofu

It's a novel plan, however sometimes it causes problems when going to find home owners insurance as well. I can't count how many insurance companies it took my brother going through before his rott mix became a lab mix.
Yes, there's that too. And I think that's a load of crap as well.

MPP

petperson
That's just pitiful. Poor Diamond! Around here, we just had another pit bull attack. Kind of hard to disentangle the story, but apparently this male bit his owner and another person in the home. :( Was he trying to defend one of his puppies? Against the owner? Odd story, and of course, more fuel for the BSL fire.

'Severely bitten' woman taken to the hospital after dog bite in suburban Lake Worth

But Diamond is obviously a beloved and valued member of the family. She saved a baby's life! Even badly burned, she protected that little child! How many human beings could or would do that? I sure hope her family finds a place to live with this good, good girl.

Members online