There's dog treats in the ice cream aisle!

Juicy

So yeah, had to try it out, lol. Its from Purina. Here are the ingredients, don't really care though, since its just a treat....I mean candy ain't all that good for us either, but not bad for us every once in a while.

Product Details:
Nutritious snacks your dog will love! Frozen treats for dogs. No sugar added. High quality protein. Fetch a frozen treat your dog will love! Nutrition you'll love too! High quality protein. Fortified with vitamins and minerals. No artificial flavors or colors.

Ingredients:
Water, Dried Whey, Soy Flour, Animal Fat (Preserved with BHA and BHT), Dried Whey Product, Dried Whey Protein Concentrate, Vegetable Fat, Soy Lecithin, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Mono-Diglycerides, Carboxymethylcellulose, Polysorbate 80, Polysorbate 60, Calcium Carbonate, Choline Chloride, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Magnesium Oxide, Silicon Dioxide, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Copper Sulfate, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Potassium Iodide, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, and Folic Acid.

Directions:
Ready to eat! Just open cup of Frosty Paws Frozen Treats for Dogs, and turn the cup upside down and pop the contents into your dog's dish. Some Frosty Paws Frozen Treats in the freezer just like ice cream! Keep frozen until served.

Product Description:
Purina Frozen Treats for Dogs, Frosty Paws, Original 14 fl. oz.

But is there much harm feeding your dog real ice cream? Because I could of sooooo bought me some ice cream and shared with my dogs and instead I got the dogs ice cream and I do not want them to share it with me lol, nor did they want to haha.

There is no harm in sharing ice cream with your dog but some dont tolerate dairy.

My first poodle always had a dish of vanilla ice cream in the summer when we went to a stand, she was fine... Bella had diarrhea everywhere the first time we gave it to her... so no more for her... Elle is okay with small amounts and Mr. Iron stomach can eat any amount.

As far as those treats I dont know anything about them but Purina scares me.

Juicy

Thanks everyone for your input...I got runny poo this morning, so not trying this again blech.

bubbatd

Have used Frosty Paws for years for special occasions . They loved them !!!

BostonBanker

Frosty Paws have been around a LONG time. Never caused a problem for either of our dogs, although it kind of weirds me out that it doesn't melt...gross.

I now get http://www.yoghund.com/ as a summer treat instead. Ingredients I understand, and smells so darn good, I've been really tempted to try it!

BostonBanker

Really? I left a container on the counter for over 30 minutes one day (was about to head out the door and got sidetracked) and it was still the same texture it was when I took it out of the freezer. Maybe a little softer, but still sort of hard-ice creamy. Just weirded me out a bit. Like I said, I look at the ingredients in Yogund and it seems like the smarter choice. Plus when I went to find there website, saw that they now offer a second flavor...mmmm. Meg's only had the peanut butter/banana one.

bubbatd

All I know is that my dog's eyes glazed over with pure joy with Frosty Paws .

BostonBanker

All I know is that my dog's eyes glazed over with pure joy with Frosty Paws .
Our Bedlington loved them so much, you could barely enter the room while he was eating them. He'd get tense, start to growl, etc. Ah, the joys of oblivion, before we knew what "resource guarding" was, and we just thought "How funny! Look how much he loves them!".

mom2dogs

Homemade:
32 oz. plain yogurt
2 Tbls. Peanut Butter
2 Tbls. Honey
1 banana

Mix in blender, pour into individual cups/ice cube tray.

I mix it up sometimes and add different things (blueberries, etc. . . canned pumpkin is also good for upset stomachs). I feed crap treats to my dogs on occasion, but if I like making new things (that don't make my house smell :p) and if it's healthier to boot then I'm all for it.

Miakoda

Thanks everyone for your input...I got runny poo this morning, so not trying this again blech.
I have yet to have a dog eat Frosty Paws that didn't end up explosive diarrhea for over a day afterwards. No thank you. :yikes:

gale

I've seen those for years now but the last time I looked it said it had peanut butter in it (we avoid all nuts and peanuts in everything-if the dog ate it and licked dd she would have a reaction, probably) but yours doesn't say that. Maybe I should check another store. Our dog would love that in the summer.

eta: never mind. After reading the thread I'm going to make it myself. ;)

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
Purina gave them out for free at woofstock. Cider thought it was vile and wouldn't touch it, the other dogs in our group were all sick the next day.

I'd rather put some real ice cream in their kongs on occasion.

Members online

No members online now.