Skye's Heir of the Dragon at 9 months

Torch

Well, almost 10 months old now.

Got a few new pics of the pup. Apologies for the quality; all were taken on my cell phone.

We've been dabbling in AKC conformation and Rhys has won a few ribbons, but no points yet. Definitely going to be hitting up some UKC shows soon. A couple of months ago we tried out Barn Hunt and he was a natural. In fact, he was only 25 seconds off from earning the first leg of his RATI. I was very impressed and didn't do any training beforehand.

In a couple of months I'm going to try him coursing and swimming.

Flirt pole focus.

Nothing but puppy play and regular exercise. I think he's going to be a breeze to condition.

My friend Holly showing him for me.

I'm in love with him. His temperament is fantastic and he is all bulldog. Loves to work but is a great house dog and snuggler too. He just got bed privileges and we take turns who sleeps in bed with us. He's very dog reactive but totally calm around well-behaved dogs. So show environments and dog events he's totally fine; it's just the unexpected asshole dogs he hates. Which honestly isn't surprising. But we're working on it and he's slowing gaining an asshole threshold lol.

Thanks for looking!

Torch

I am in love. He is gorgeous. <3
He's just lovely. Very masculine and handsome.
Thank you both. I'm very happy with how he is maturing. He is about 18 inches tall and 49 pounds-I think he will be a very nice, standard dog. He is still hocky which troubles me, but he is from slow maturing lines so it's possible he will outgrow it.

I feel whatever chops he may lack in the conformation world he will more than make up for in performance venues. Can't wait to start weight pull training.

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
My god where did your puppy go? :eek:

He is seriously handsome and looking so grown up <3

crazedACD

Awww, he's so handsome! Hope you start getting them points in the show ring, he deserves them!

Which honestly isn't surprising. But we're working on it and he's slowing gaining an asshole threshold lol.
LOL...love it. Fiona is the same way. Friendly dogs she's totally cool with- reactive dogs or 'hard stare' dogs get her going.

Torch

Awww, he's so handsome! Hope you start getting them points in the show ring, he deserves them!

LOL...love it. Fiona is the same way. Friendly dogs she's totally cool with- reactive dogs or 'hard stare' dogs get her going.
Thank you! I would love to be able to say I finished my first show dog. Especially since I have NO clue what I'm doing lol!

Haha it's the nature of the beast. The Amstaff and the ACD share many qualities; their attitude toward rude dogs is quite similar. Rhys may not start a fight, but by gosh he wants to finish it.

He is downright friendly to well-behaved dogs and socialized tons this past weekend at the AKC show. Even played with puppies and intact males about his age. But he is also downright DA towards dogs that are being jerks. It's manageable and I don't fault him for it :)

crazedACD

He is downright friendly to well-behaved dogs and socialized tons this past weekend at the AKC show. Even played with puppies and intact males about his age. But he is also downright DA towards dogs that are being jerks. It's manageable and I don't fault him for it :)
That's good! I don't think I would bring Fiona to like...an off-leash park or something like that, where she would be interacting with off-leash dogs (even a chazzer meetup or whatever) at this time. I don't really have a need for that in my life at this point, though. An on leash event, she is great. She is really good in classes, really good at events, or with groups of dogs, but she does get a little angsty when we are walking and see a single dog approaching. Way too exciting.

Torch

That's good! I don't think I would bring Fiona to like...an off-leash park or something like that, where she would be interacting with off-leash dogs (even a chazzer meetup or whatever) at this time. I don't really have a need for that in my life at this point, though. An on leash event, she is great. She is really good in classes, really good at events, or with groups of dogs, but she does get a little angsty when we are walking and see a single dog approaching. Way too exciting.
A lot of Rhys's reactivity/DA is also excitement based, which makes it really hard to work under his threshold. He's also very drivey and intense.

Oh well. It makes me appreciate how dog-savvy Henry is. It also forces me to be a more vigilant owner and more dedicated trainer. So really they have both benefited from it :)

crazedACD

A lot of Rhys's reactivity/DA is also excitement based, which makes it really hard to work under his threshold. He's also very drivey and intense.

Oh well. It makes me appreciate how dog-savvy Henry is. It also forces me to be a more vigilant owner and more dedicated trainer. So really they have both benefited from it :)
Went to class last night, saw 'single' dogs in the parking lot before and after, and everything was cool. She didn't care too much. There is a snarky Golden in the class that hard-stares her (and every other dog) and I had to really work to keep her attention off it, but she did well.

Torch

Went to class last night, saw 'single' dogs in the parking lot before and after, and everything was cool. She didn't care too much. There is a snarky Golden in the class that hard-stares her (and every other dog) and I had to really work to keep her attention off it, but she did well.
Good luck! I'm sure you'll get her to a comfortable threshold. That's my goal with Rhys lol. Just some sort of threshold.

Members online

No members online now.