Best Video Camera... or Video on Digital Camera?

JacksonsMom

I'm looking for a better video camera.

I currently have a Kodak Playsport... which is cool for the outdoor stuff (since it's underwater, etc) but it's not great indoors, and I'm not sure I like the feel of it or the sound quality the best.

Ideally, I'm looking for a digital camera/video all in one... I know the Canons tend to be pretty good. Any particular Powershot that comes to mind that takes good video? I currently have a Canon Rebel XT and I wish I could afford the T1i so I could have DSLR/video all in one but I can't.

I'm not looking to spend more than $100-$150, and hopefully it's something I can find on ebay for an even better deal. I don't mind used cameras, or beat up cameras, as long as they work.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Do you want something with a lot of zoom? If not, I'd recommend a FLIP video camera. I have one, and I used ALL.THE.TIME. I want to be a film-maker one day, and I make mini-movies on it, and I looooooooooove it! It takes really great quality (especially outdoors-but indoors, too) videos and I really recommend it. The only think I DON'T like about it is that it doesn't zoom as far as I'd like it to. But it does zoom, and is REALLY easy to just stick into your USB port on your computer, and just upload the videos to your computer. I love it. :)

Michiyo-Fir

Canon SD1400. When we have sales, I believe it goes for $149-199. On ebay you'll probably be able to find a better price than our store.

It's 720p HD video and I really like it. Plus it's very nice and small to carry around. However, not much zoom at 4x.

Edit: If you only want video, the Flip Mino or Flip Ultra are great as well. 1080p HD, but no zoom.

Members online