French Bulldog
Foxhound (English or American)
Greyhound
Flat-Coated Retriever
Rottweiler
Alaskan Husky

Chewbecca

feel the magic
I want a Staffordshire Bull Terrier one day.
THAT is going to be my next dog. I've wanted one since right after I got Ella.
I am sooo picky about them, though. I have a body type I like and google is NOT much help.
I DO NOT want a low-to-the-ground, super short-legged SB.
Something similar in type to this, but could have a tad bit more leg than this one (but not much more!), and mine would have a more tucked waist and be more muscular. But I either want a black and white one or a dark brindled one.

I also strongly admire Vizslas, but I'm not quite sure they're the dog for me.

I also admire BCs (dang you BC chaz folks!), but do not think they're the breed for me.

I also think that Pharaoh Hounds are a BEAUTIFUL dog, but again, from what I hear, they are a bit more independent than what my pit-bull-owning-self is used to.

Only the first 4 have I ever seriously considered getting. The rest are just fun to think about.

1. GSD. I've wanted one of these dogs since I was 8... maybe earlier even?

2. Doberman

3. Some kind of pit bull. Like this guy. Who's up for adoption. In my state.

4. Tosa Inu. LOOK at that FACE!

5. American Akita

6. Malinois

7. Caucasian Ovcharka. I mean, really, who wouldn't want this dog? If I'm ever rich enough to employ a full-time groomer...

8. Norwegian Elkhound

9. Anatolian Shepherd

10. Rhodesian Ridgeback

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I can post pics now so I'll do it properly ;)

In no particular order...picking only breeds I would really consider, that I think fit my lifestyle well, and from which I've met a lot of individuals...

Flattie

BC (certain lines/types) (this one might look familiar too...the dude on the left :p...hope the picture steal-age is okay)

Toller

Mal (certain lines/types)

Golden (certain lines/types)

There are other breeds in which I have interest but I haven't met enough of them (or any of them) so can't really say I'd want one:
Koolie, Kooikerhondje (met 2), Pyr Shep (smooth face only), English Shepherd (seem a bit too mellow but there's a lot of variety from what I understand)...

Last edited:

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
I saw the Toolalla in the URL and decided I had to use that picture, LOL.

Quinn has become absolutely frisbee and ball crazy (more frisbee though). She hands it to me and drops to the ground and absolutely shakes with excitement. Still has a good off switch though and doesn't bother me with it if I don't initiate play. She is definitely less goofy than Traveler though from what I've seen - he seems very happy go lucky. ****, getting yelled at to leave, I'll finish this later!
That really makes me happy! They seem like such good overall dogs to have around, I like the versatility they seem to have from what you say and the work ethic

Looking forward to you finishing when you aren't being yelled at :rofl1:

OK, I'm on my lunch (dinner) break at work :lol-sign:

Anyways, back to what I was saying! Traveler seems like a very happy-go-lucky, eager guy even when you're working with him. Quinn, not so much, LOL. She goes into serious mood and has ever since she was a pup. Not to say she doesn't have fun while she's learning - she's usually really enthusiastic and her tail is always wagging while we're working on shaping, but if I get too excited for her, try to rile her up with my hands, or make weird noises at her she'll grumble and back away. She's weird. I actually got her riled up a little bit yesterday and it was like she wasn't sure what to do with herself - she superglued herself to my leg and just ran and bounced around like that with me, LOL.

I think that's probably the biggest difference between them. Oh, she's very quiet too, and while I could be mistaken for some reason I'm under the impression Trav is a bit barky. Quinn only barks if someone is at the door, or if we're outside and she hears dogs/coyotes nearby - and it's only a deep, quiet bark. She's also not as dog friendly as Traveler is - she's a-okay with dogs (I wouldn't say she's DA in the slightest), but won't tolerate a dog who is really in her face or have their paws all over her. She never goes overboard in her corrections, and gives lots of warning, but probably won't grow up to be a dog park dog (more of a frequent playdates with dogs she likes type). Basically she's just the fun police, with me and other dogs, LOL.

Aescleah

well seems like after the boerboel my list seems to be getting smaller and smaller and the breeds are not as interesting or really seem as real but you never know i doubt i can get to ten

1. english mastiff
2. scottie
3. german shepherd dog
4. dutch shepherd
5. mal
those last 3 is dependent on many things and not very likely

Ashley

Brattina88

1.) Cocker Spaniel

2.) GSD

3.) Shetland Sheepdog

the rest change from time to time lol
Golden

Aussie

Collie

Cav

Great Dane

Weim

Pug

Sit Stay, I really need to meet her and some others, wish I was closer for that meet up your going to. And ES might be a nice change of pace when I have my pack of Koolies, Someone needs to keep them in line.

I'm really happy you say she's starting to like toys, that's a big need for me.
I actually got her riled up a little bit yesterday and it was like she wasn't sure what to do with herself - she superglued herself to my leg and just ran and bounced around like that with me, LOL
By they way, this made me snort outloud. Quinn would not have been impressed, it was very undignified

Oh, she's very quiet too, and while I could be mistaken for some reason I'm under the impression Trav is a bit barky. Quinn only barks if someone is at the door, or if we're outside and she hears dogs/coyotes nearby - and it's only a deep, quiet bark.
Quiet? What is quiet? Whatever gave you the impression Traveler is in love with his own voice :rofl1: Maybe he can learn the "I'm serious" bark from Quinn instead of his really pathetic bark. I like a dog that only barks when it needs to, a lot. Traveler barks for a lot of things but I will give him credit where credit is due, his alert bark is only if there really is something that needs to be alerted on. It's the "Life is FUUUUN and I'm HAAAAPPPPY" bark that he does most of the time

Seriously though, I never really considered ES's before but with the variety in the breed and a lot of certain aspects about them they are drawing me in. Post a few more Quinn pictures and I'll be a complete sucker

Aussies and Koolies (thank you Traveler) :p
He will gladly let that blame rest on his shoulders

JacksonsMom

Oh gosh. Hmm... my top 10 right now is probably (in no order)

1. Silky Terrier

2. Chihuahua

3. Papillon

4. German Shepherd Dog

5. Westie

6. Border Terrier

The rest are dogs that I am loving as of now, but not sure I'd ever actually own:

7. Border Collie

8. Koolie

9. Norwegian Lundehund

10. Whatever mix I find :)

Bigpoodleperson

Megan and Draco
Hmmm, I doubt I would own half of this list, but I would Really like to!

Standard Poodle

Vizsla

Irish Wolfhound

Boxer

Doberman

Mini Poodle

Dogo Argentino

R. Ridgeback

Saluki

Golden

mrose_s

BusterLove
1. Border Collie

2. Kelpie (I really want to meet some dogs from this breeder, I love the look of them)

3. Borzoi

4. Vizsla

5. Pyrenean Shepherd (Smooth Face)

6. Bullmastiff

7. Malinois

8. Labrador

9. Cardigan Welsh Corgi

10. Pug

1) Giant Schnauzers...will always be #1

2) JRT

3) Doberman

4) Border Terrier

5) Airedale Terrier

6) Beauceron

7) Standard Schnauzer

8) Miniature Schnauzer

9) Malinios

10) French Bulldog

Saeleofu

Collie

Koolie

Chinese Crested

Papillon

Standard Poodle

Doberman

Great Dane

Vizsla

Irish Wolfhound

APBT, Staffy, or some other bully

Can you spot the Chaz dogs? (;

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
Oh dear... in no particular order:

1. beagle (a hunting one... a hunting buddy of mine is OBSESSED, I think one of his pups would be fun to raise/train/hunt with)

2. Patterdale terrier

3. Dogo

4. Papillon

5. Pit Bull

6. Lurcher

7. Shih Tzu

8. Berger Picard

9. Peke (when I am old I shall have Pekes :) )

10. Mountain Cur

I didn't include Plotts, other coonhounds, or standard poodles, because I've been there done that so I wouldn't say I'm "interested" so much as not likely to ever be w/o coonhounds, and I might want to try another standard some day... Daisy is my heart and soul but this back thing is breaking my heart, so I probably will *never* have another long dog.

Members online

No members online now.