Joey update

babymomma

Remembering Casey ♥
Well, My family has talked it over, And unfortunatly we have come to the decision that he is not the right fit for our family.

Its a size matter actually, And i know that sounds terrible, almost like saying somebody wouldnt want keely because she is 8 lbs and not to standard.

But it just would not work.. Keely is a rough player. Its who she is and cannot be changed. If she cant be rough, she isnt having fun. She cant help it, she is used to playing with German shepherds and labs and they can keep up with her.

Keely and Joey had a playdate yesterday. And keely hurt him. Nothing serious but he yelped and limped a little but was fine afterwards. I had to stop them from playng and crate keely until it was time to bring him home. I just dont want to risk it.

Another thing, My dad wants his GSD sometime in the future, Thats something to consider too I know big dogs and small dogs get along, but the accidents worry me.

We pretty much had to take it all into consideration. I dont think he would be cut out for winter trips to the cabin. keely goes on skidoo with us and goes for long hikes in the snow and we even skijore. joeys owner already mentioned he cannot be outside in the cold even with a coat on for any amount of time or he shivers and shakes.

It sucks because I fell in love with him... but i will definatly be helping find a home that is suited for him. Somebody that is willing to make a Lifetime commitment (thed dogs lifetime). Somebody that is able to work with his special "Tiny dog needs". And somebody to work on bulding his confidance. I know they might be hard to find But that "Somebody" is out there. I just gotta find him/her.

2pups622

Soon to Be 4 Pups!!
I think it's great That you really thought about it I hate when some people get a dog just because.
I'm sure he'll find a great home.

How disapointing for you! But good job thinking about his needs as well as yours. I know I waited a long time before Argon fell into my lap, so your dog is out there somewhere too.

Doberluv

Big dogs can be shown how to play gently. Take it from me. LOL. You should see what I've had for a combination of dogs. Well....just look at my avatar. But if it seems like too much, then maybe its for the better just to find him a more suitable home.

Members online

No members online now.