green stool?????

Debi

Ham just went out...and suddenly his stool is green. As if he ate massive amounts of spinach or something...that green. No changes have been made in his diet, there isn't even grass to eat out there. I know he hasn't had anything to eat that was even slightly green. He seems his usual self....lots of energy, playful, happy. Any ideas?? Both dogs haven't had much of an appetite this week. That's not unusual for Addie...she'll eat like crazy, then hardly eat for a couple days...she's always been that way. But Ham is lucky to be eating a couple cups of food a day...that's just not enough. I've even left it down hoping he was just not in the mood at feeding time.......he doesn't seem interested at all. I've put yummy extras from dinner......turkey gravy, leftover chicken...one day I tried mixing in a little pasta.......doesn't care. This has been going on for a week. He had been eating great up til now. Since he seems ok, I've not panicked about it........but then again, you know how gangly they look at 14 mos., I don't want him losing weight! Thanks everyone........worried mom :( (I know he would sometimes not eat too much if it were hot.....THAT certainly isn't the case.)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Maybe you pup got something when you weren't looking, could your neighbors have put anything in your yard? I came home once, let the dogs out, saw them run over to the fence and pick something up. I ran out and pulled porkchops out of their mouth. I am sure their intentions were to give a treat, but they should have asked. I got rid of them quick. Anyway how are they today?

Debi

They seem a little better today.....no green. But, appetites are still poor. It's just odd........they're full of great energy. Smkie....I don't have neighbors, and I've been out with them lately since the snow has us all huddled indoors. I don't even have houseplants....lol I think Addie is eating more than Ham....if he doesn't start eating like usual, I'm gonna call the vet. I have some chicken broth....I'll at least coax him into a light meal. I know that just like people, they have 'off' days......I just have a phobia about any living thing not eating. That 'green' really threw me........never saw that before!!!! I would have really panicked if I thought they'd been somewhere on their own, or in the garage. :eek:

hmmmm......Ham just went bonkers for a vanilla wafer (they don't like dog biscuits, so that's what I use to train) I just thought I'd see.......obviously all taste isn't a factor, and NO cookie until he eats. :rolleyes:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i always found that when a dog turns away from his food it is a good indicator that something isn't right, except for Vic who is a picky eater to begin with. I can tell a parvo puppy from the very start when they turn their little heads away from water like it sickens them, and pull their poor little tummies off the ground..your dogs had to get into something somewhere. My neighbor's dog poops blue..I know this becuase it regularly poos in my yard. I figure it is some kind of medicine...I just pick it up along with cleaning up my dogs tho I wish I could put a flag up and leave a pir of rubber gloves on their door. I wil hold them in silent meditation and hope all passes "literally" and returns to normal. My dogs have eaten some strange things in the past..once Bin ate the kids burnt out smoke bombs..the little ones that smoke the pretty colours, his bowel movement was really interesting after that..had another that was very found of crayons. Ohwell ..more poop stories...the nursing home left me with a lot of poo stories too that I wish I didn't know.

Debi

LOL, Smkie...years ago when my kids were little, our little Cairn would find their crayons....he LOVED them. My kids laugh to this day to remember the 'rainbow'.

Debi and SMKie, both of you have me giggling - and remembering the first diaper I changed on a friend of mine's little boy. She'd fed him spinach pasta and spaghetti sauce . . . cloth diapers (good - but AWFUL that time, lol) . . . I ended up holding his little bottom under the shower. Who would have ever dreamed something that DISGUSTING could come out of such a sweet baby! :eek:

If Hammie's not eating Monday, Debi, I really would call the vet. That's just not normal. When a dog's off his food for more than a day or so I worry too.

Debi

Great news........Ham ate like a pig!! OH MY that poor baby was hungry. I can only suppose he just didn't feel well......I WAS GETTING FRANTIC.....and Dave went outside, fell to his knees, and thanked the Heavens......for finally I'll stop fretting and yakking about it. :rolleyes: (he has the patience of a saint)

don't you wonder how in the world I managed to raise 2 (normal) children????:D

Members online

No members online now.