Switched from Innova to Old Roy?

filarotten

Fila the love
Brutus has always loved to eat. But for the past few days he is only picking at his food. This is so out of character for him. This dogs motto is FEED ME.
Yesterday I let him in the house and he had something yellow in his mouth. I looked, and it is a empty can of old roy dog food. I have no idea where he got it. I am wondering if my estupido neighbor is feeding him this crappy food. It ticks me off. I have to make sure Brutus has yogurt with every meal and he is willing to eat this garbage. I move to the country on five acres so I have privacy and my dogs have plenty of space, and so far I have had my fence cut and a gate put in, and now old roy dog food. Geez, whats next?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
gack..we call it OLD FARTS cause that is always the end result

LOL... "Ole FARTS"... he must have gone for a garbage run. I wouldn't worry too much. But maybe he's telling you he wants some kind of canned/wet food?

Oh, Brutus is just being a Fila - you know, Satan Spawn :p

Shiva ate an entire bag of some sort of Purina crap a neighbor brought home for their toy Schnauzer . . . farted and had the runs for two days. I let her suffer through that one, including spending a lot of time having to smell herself all by herself in the laundry room, lol!

filarotten

Fila the love
I cook for the dogs everyweek, and give this to them at the evening meal.
They also get yogurt with every meal, Brutus demands it. Plus they get raw bones. Gosh do I have to buy canned also?

Dogs tend to love new things because it's different and old roy tastes yummy because of all the crap in it. I wouldn't worry about feeding him canned stuff. If he's really picking around his food let him skip a meal or even fast him for a day, if he's healthy it won't hurt him one bit. Trust me he'll be interested in his food after!

Sibes are notorious for pulling the "You're feeding me THIS????? I refuse it!" and just generally not eating for the heck of it so whenever OC pulls that on me I just don't feed him for the day (no treats no kibble no nothing, only water) and the next day he's more than happy to see ANY kibble in his bowl!

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Geez, maybe Aubrey got into that this morning because oh my stars and garters does she have the poots. :( My nose is sad.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Zoom said:
Geez, maybe Aubrey got into that this morning because oh my stars and garters does she have the poots. :( My nose is sad.
"Oh my stars and garters"! Zoom, I thought I was the only one outside of an X-Men comic book to use that phrase!

Sorry, I digress. I always know when Zeus has been getting into the ferret chow. Boy, he gets some horrible farts!

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Haha, I used to be a big X-Men fan/nerd in my junior high days. And it's such a neat turn of phrase...I even ran across it in this book I'm reading, "Wicked".

Of course, today has to be one of Aubrey's super-cuddly days too. And Sawyer just can't resist eating the kicked-out rat bedding...le sigh.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Zoom said:
Haha, I used to be a big X-Men fan/nerd in my junior high days. And it's such a neat turn of phrase...I even ran across it in this book I'm reading, "Wicked".

Of course, today has to be one of Aubrey's super-cuddly days too. And Sawyer just can't resist eating the kicked-out rat bedding...le sigh.

LOL really? well its nice to know that Teddy isn't the only dog that eats the bedding. Teddy is always trying to eat up the guinea pig and mouse shavings when they get kicked out lol.

I remember when Teddy was younger he was staying with some friends of ours for the week. We gave them money in case they ran out of food (i thought there was enough but you never know) and of course they ran out. However, instead of getting the same food he WAS eating they got him purina puppy chow. They said they got him that because it was smaller pieces because it seemed like it was too hard for him to eat the big pieces in the food he WAS getting. WELL. Our house smelled like dog fart for DAYS. It was HORRIBLE

Gempress said:
"Oh my stars and garters"! Zoom, I thought I was the only one outside of an X-Men comic book to use that phrase!

Sorry, I digress. I always know when Zeus has been getting into the ferret chow. Boy, he gets some horrible farts!

LOL! I've heard that one somewhere else, too - just can't remember where. I ran into a good one in a book, then a couple of months later, read it again in a totally un-related book. It was used in the context of someone being upset with another person and saying that they would use their "guts for garters!" I'm not sure why, but that one just makes me giggle . . .

Okay - back to Ol' Farts . . .

Oh, there is, to my knowledge, no such thing as a finicky Fila when it comes to anything remotely edible . . . :rolleyes:

filarotten

Fila the love
I notice he has no problem with non edibles either. He seems to enjoy eating cardboard boxes,and dirty diapers are a delicacy. Gross.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
my ex said gee i sure was good about disposing of those disposables..hehe clean out of the house..chasing that gel around is maddening!

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Haha...I clean up poop all day long without a problem, but add a diaper into the equation and it's totally different story.

Members online

No members online now.