Agility Tips

makka619

What are you currently working on? There are a lot of moves that you, the handler need to work on as well for agility. Front crosses, back crosses and commands such as "left", "right" can give you a lot of direction and control on the course. I was working with my Border Collie a few days ago and had a very large jumps/tunnels course set up, and I don't think I took but 20 steps throughout the whole run because I could tell him what to do without being right up against the obstacle to guide him through. It makes the run faster, and it's easier on you because you can stick close to the obstacles that you DO need to give physical direction (pointing, hand signals etc.) on.
Does anyone know anywhere I can get information over the net for handler moves. We are starting agility in a couple of months but I would like to get some practice in the mean time.

makka619

Thanks again Dulce :)

Can someone tell me the width reccommended for a teeter?

I got a plank of wood that is 24cm (9.5inch) wide, is this wide enough?

I was under the impression that the teeter should be approx 12-18 inches wide. But I could be wrong.

Your dog needs to have as much balance as possible. If it's a tiny plank, it'll be scary! Hehe. Try out the 9.5 out, and see how it works for you.

BlackPuppy

Owned by Belgians
Thanks again Dulce :)

Can someone tell me the width reccommended for a teeter?

I got a plank of wood that is 24cm (9.5inch) wide, is this wide enough?
I bought a base and they specified a 12 foot long 2 x 12 for the plank. Of course, the actual width isn't 12 inches, its 11 and 1/4. On commercial models, I've seen 10 inch and 12 inch widths.

Sounds like you're okay,there.

makka619

I was under the impression that the teeter should be approx 12-18 inches wide. But I could be wrong.

Your dog needs to have as much balance as possible. If it's a tiny plank, it'll be scary! Hehe. Try out the 9.5 out, and see how it works for you.
ah my dog is fine on it, he has no fear, it is me that is worried. :lol-sign:

For ANKC competition the width of the seesaw has to be between 300 and 330mm.
Thanks... I will get a wider one, I would feel much more comfortable with 30cm width.

Members online