Onyx

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
just hit my front door..knocking it open..all three dogs jumped up (Mr Shaffer is here for bath night and slumber party) and everybody froze for a minute on the porch (she was not prepared for three i think)..i said IN and my two did what they were told but Mr. Shaffer had run out in the yard, she followed and attacked him. AT no point did he stiff leg or growl until she chomped on his head and neck and then he tried to defend himself..he is still thin, better but no match for her. Man of the house was there and hollered at her, i seperated them and stepped between the two..holding Mr Shaffer thinking surely he will get his dog now..but he just kept telling her what a bad girl she was so she jumped in for a second chomp. I picked Shaffer up (the best i could he is so long) and told him to quite f******* around and get his DOG! Then i started carrying Shaffy in. He hollared at me Is she ok? see..he doesn't know a thing about my children. I told him it HAS TO STOP! I didn't know the door wasn't latched...Mr.Shaffer is ok..i don't find any punctures..just some scraps and a lot of spit. Mary was very affectionate to him and Victor seriously checked him out..then went to bed. Right after that Aaron and Bronwyn opened the door and all three dogs jumped up growling. I am just grateful This dog is ok..and nothing was worse. Where is that fence? :mad:

gapeach

Big Mutts
This is just completely inexcusable! I know you don't want it to come to that but I'm afraid you are gonna have to take matters into your own hands before someone seriously gets hurt.

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
OMG smkie that dog just sounds out of control (not her fault we all know). But when a dog comes into your home like that it is out of control. Like Renee said you are slowly but surely teaching Onyx's man. But maybe all this is alittle too late? I hate to say you know im all for giving a dog tons of chances but this is scary and im sure this shook you up.
My hear goes out to you smkie and those babies this is some tough stuff.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i know..i am just sick about the whole thing. Mom is upset now. i said that i don't know what onyx is doing because she isn't biting with any force, or there would be punctures. When Garg attacked Bronki that fight lasted 5 minutes or less he had Bronki by the throat. He meant to kill him for sure, and Bronki had stitches right under his eye. This is so strange...if she is just trying to show dominence only? It looks and sound scary. ANd if it wasn't stopped immediantly i am sure it would escalate in severity. It is stressful for all. Victor and Mr. Shaffer are the same age. Mom wants to call Shaffy Mr shaffer so i keep typing it trying to fit it into my mind, but fact is he isn't a mister, he is a little boy. His teeth are exactly the same whiteness and ridged as Victor's and he has a little boy tummy. That puts him at about 17 months old. He had no idea what was going on. He is neutered so it isn't like he is the least bit macho.

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
That is so sad him and Victor now have something horrible in common im sure they same things are going threw their heads right now. Infact i bet thats why Victor checked him over so much and Mary of course.

I think you've caught on to Onyx' little secret. If she really was going to war there would be some carnage. She really seems to resent anyone else being your dog! Poor girl . . .

Vic and Shaffer are trying to be the big boys now aren't they - standing up to the neighborhood bully. They're such a sweet pair of boys. I hope they get over being accosted in a hurry. I don't like thinking about the two of them being cowed. Wish they could spend some time with Bimmer; he'd teach them about being the Big Dog when you're really the smallest dog!

Wouldn't you love to see the look on Onyx' face if she ran up on your porch and Shiva and Kharma were sitting there instead of Vic and Shaffer . . . :eek:

Sunnypup

mostly ignored...
OH SHAFFER! Not him too :( I just about am crying for your poor boys . Babies shouldn't have to put up with this sort of abuse! Who does she think she is, trying to break down your door!? I think she thinks you own her and not her dimwitted family! Poor babies, all four of them. She knows nothing but how to intimidate to get her way (you visiting her) and your guys are just plain afraid. It all sucks. Where is that dudes fence? I hate to say this but even if she got put down she would be doing better then living there. What if she ran out into traffic and got hit by a car?! I live on a calm street and that happened to my dog,and he only got out once or twice like that. GRRR. So mad for Mr. Shaffer, and vic too. Mary can stand up for herself and her family but I feel bad that she should feel the need to. Onyx needs a new home, with a good strict owner and a course in NILIF. I'd come and take her for you if I was allowed, she sounds like a lovely but confused dog, alot like my old boy hunter before I "tamed" him. I'm so sad for all of you. :( Good luck.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Shaffer is just now starting to act a bit like a normal dog and not an old starved man. When i gave him his bath i detected a little bit of bulked up muscle..before you felt just about bone. I think he is still about 20 lbs underweight. His black hair hides alot in the pics...this is the lonnnnnggggggest dog i have ever been around..great dane kind of long..i thought my legs were long but good grief!!!! even his tail goes on forever. i think if i stood him straight up he would be as tall as i am. I am going to take my boys and gurl to bed now. I like our saturday night sleep overs..Vic and him have become "brother" and Mary..she doen'st mind at all now. Goodnight all.

Barb04

Super Moderator
I'm so sorry to hear what happend to Shaffer. I really wish Onyx was under control. I am just glad that Shaffer didn't get seriously hurt. Hugs to all of you!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Shaffer does not seemed as wigged about it as Victor did, but he didnt watch Mary and Onyx fight or be stuck tied up waiting to be axed like a chicken either...so that is a good thing..he seems to shrug it off as no big deal. He is all bootiful and going home this morning.

Members online

No members online now.