cockalier???

litlbit262003

my little ty ty
I beg to differ! Cockalier's are AKC recognized, and are great pets. I have one and he is just awesome. Tyler is the best dog I have ever owned. The original Cavailer King Charles Cocker Spaniels cost anywhere from $800 to $1600. The Cocker Spaniel breeds Cost from $350 to $800. These two breeds have no more health problems than any other animal. The Cockalier breed are great with children and other pets, they are very smart, quick to learn, non aggressive, sporting, inside or outside pets, AKC recognized (registeration),very loving and protective of their family. I would pay whatever for one. It would be the same as going and buying a big screen tv, you can enjoy both. Some people pay for animals some for tv's or a vacation that can only be enjoyed while on vacation. I must say, at least with an animal, they can be very therapeutic! So maybe the person who paid $800 was not so crazy or whatever you all have said negatively, as for my opinion, she is a wonderful person to buy such a wonderful breed of animal.
AND FOR THOSE WHO CALL THEM MUTS, A MUT IS AN ANIMAL THAT IS MIXED WITH UNKNOWN BREEDS. A MUT IS A DOG THAT HAS BEEN BRED WITH SEVERAL DIFFERENT BREEDS, AND A MUT IS NOT AKC RECOGNIZED!

litlbit262003

my little ty ty
Cockalier Is Wonderful!

I Would Take A Two Year Guarantee Than No Guarantee!:)
I Feel The People Just Wanted The Buyer To Know That The Puppy Is Worth Her Money!

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
I beg to differ! Cockalier's are AKC recognized, and are great pets. I have one and he is just awesome. Tyler is the best dog I have ever owned. The original Cavailer King Charles Cocker Spaniels cost anywhere from $800 to $1600. The Cocker Spaniel breeds Cost from $350 to $800. These two breeds have no more health problems than any other animal. The Cockalier breed are great with children and other pets, they are very smart, quick to learn, non aggressive, sporting, inside or outside pets, AKC recognized (registeration),very loving and protective of their family. I would pay whatever for one. It would be the same as going and buying a big screen tv, you can enjoy both. Some people pay for animals some for tv's or a vacation that can only be enjoyed while on vacation. I must say, at least with an animal, they can be very therapeutic! So maybe the person who paid $800 was not so crazy or whatever you all have said negatively, as for my opinion, she is a wonderful person to buy such a wonderful breed of animal.
AND FOR THOSE WHO CALL THEM MUTS, A MUT IS AN ANIMAL THAT IS MIXED WITH UNKNOWN BREEDS. A MUT IS A DOG THAT HAS BEEN BRED WITH SEVERAL DIFFERENT BREEDS, AND A MUT IS NOT AKC RECOGNIZED!
I'm sorry to tell you this, but they are not a recognized breed.

http://www.akc.org/breeds/breeds_c.cfm

Those are all the breeds RECOGNIZED by the AKC......this Does not include a "cockalier". Whoever told you they where recognized by the AKC was very misinformed, sorry to say.

A mutt is a crossbreed....non purebred dog. or if you would like we will call them "mixed breed" dogs as the term mutt has seemed to acquired negative feelings around it. Either way it's not a pure bred dog anymore then those mixes you see in the shelter. And it's not that the mixes you see by "breeders" are less deserving of a good home, they are definetly not! But buying them from a breeder just tells them "Hey I can make money off these dogs! Let's pump some more puppies out of them!". And in the end you'll just make sure the breeder can continue their profit. Instead of doing that....you should think of rescuing a life next time.

litlbit262003

my little ty ty
AND I BEG TO DIFFER, I HAVE ONE AND IT IS REGISTERED. I KNOW FOR A FACT!!! CHECK IT OUT ON AKC.ORG. THE REGISTERIES ARE NOW RECOGNIZING A LOT OF CROSS- BREEDS, AND ARE REGISTERING THEM.

SO MAYBE YOU NEED TO GET YOUR SIGNAL RIGHT!:mad:

litlbit262003

my little ty ty
There Is A Canine Club Called The american Canine Hybrid Club! The Dogs That Are Cross Bred With Full Blood Registered Dogs Are Called Hybrid Or Specialty Dogs.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
The ACHC isn't the AKC though....do you have a copy of your AKC papers on your Cockalier? I'd very much like to see proof that such a reputable registy would register a Mix. Also, a Hybrid is a mix between species not breeds. They are 'mixed breeds' not 'hybrids'. They don't have hybrid vigor, or any of that nonscence. I was told by a Yorkie breeder that Yorkshire Terriers, and Silky Terriers were the same breed, and I actually believed her, and let her male Yorkie breed with my Silky Terrier. Registering time comes, and we call the AKC, and they tell us they are 2 totally different breeds....We were SO stupid to breed without doing any research. We know better now, and I wouldn't change our mistake for anything (I wouldn't have my Lucy), and knowledge often comes by mistakes, but I don't advise other people to breed Mixes. It's irresponsible IMO. Both of the parents were AKC registered, but that doesn't mean the pups can be. They were regisered 2 DIFFERENT breeds! I have a hard time believing that AKC would register a Cavalier/Cocker if they wouldn't register Silky/Yorkies less that a year ago. But if they did, I'd be very interested to see the papers. I'm sure you love your 'Cockalier' and no one is questioning that, I just wanted you to know that. Do you have any pictures of Tyler?

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Actually take time to the site you just recommended and click breeds to see that cockaliers are NOT recognized by the AKC. Here is the page with all the "c" breeds recognized. Not there is NO cockalier listed. A cockalier is nothing more than a cocker spaniel/cavalier king charles spaniel cross.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
I don't think she meant AKC. If she did...well, I don't think she would have been so dumb as to post the link the a site that made her eat her own words. lol (i say that in the most gracious way possible) I'm thinking she must mean he's ACHC registered....if not, I don't know what to think, as the link that you (Momof2pups) provied, clearly reveals that Cockalier is not an AKC recognized breed. o_0 ;)

Cole's Mom

Dobe Lover
Cockaliers are not purebred dogs. The AKC registers only purebreds. They recognize about 150 breeds and is also a registry of foundation stock for other breeds that are not eligible for AKC registry. However, these breeds also are purebred. The AKC does not register "designer dogs." On the contrary, they do not endorse these dogs at all. As noted by another poster, these designer dogs not only inherit the best from both breeds, they inherit the worse too. Breeders who are breeding these designer dogs do not do their homework. They do not health test, study pedigrees or even learn about the breeds they are working with. It amazes me how people pay these crazy prices for a mixed bred dog. I agree with one point; a mixed breed is a dog whose parentage is known; a mutt you do not know the parentage.

http://www.akc.org/breeds/fss_breeds.cfm

Cole's Mom

otch1

Hi litlbit... please read your paperwork. You most likely have a pup with APR or similar group, not AKC registry. If you do see an AKC emblem on your paperwork, it is a forged/altered document and you need to address this with the pups breeder asap. As for the purchase of these pups initially... it is another example of why breeders need to sell their pet stock without papers and on a spay neuter contract, ( a portion of their purchase price being refunded upon receipt of alteration) so breeders like this one will have a harder time producing these puppies for the general public, at these prices. Long ago, these would be puppies advertised in the paper, an accidental breeding, for $200.00 a piece. The profit margin was not worth starting a breeding business over. With registered parents, breeders can now represent the puppies to be something they are not, make ridiculous health guarantees, and give people a false sense of security over their purchase. Good luck!

litlbit262003

my little ty ty
That is not what you go under. It is on the AKC site but not under that. I will look it up and post it. The American Canine Hybrid Club is a club that specializes in cross breeding registry. I am sick of this controversay! You all enjoy! And if you click on my name it shows my pup!

That is not what you go under. It is on the AKC site but not under that. I will look it up and post it. The American Canine Hybrid Club is a club that specializes in cross breeding registry. I am sick of this controversay! You all enjoy! And if you click on my name it shows my pup!
Wow this is just sad...

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
I put "cockalier" into the search for the AKC.org site and it came up empty. I searched everything on that site, still coming up empty. As far as I can tell they don't even mention the "cockalier" on their site. If you can find it I'd sure appreciate a link.

The Canine Hybrid Club, IMHO, is far from a decent club. Really, I don't think they are very good at all. Just my opinion though.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
I'd also like to see the link, as we've looked over that breed list a thousand times (my sister's looking for a dog) and I never once saw a Cockalier.

otch1

Hi lilbit... there was a misunderstanding initially because of your post. You said the "cockalier" is an AKC recognized breed... those were your words. When you say this, it means they are registered with the American Kennel Club. Your wording was the problem. Does the AKC know of them, they know any potential combinations of breeds and mixed breeds are possible, but they do not endorse them. As for the Canine Hybrid Club, AKC does not endorse them either. You are possibly refering to an article by AKC on this organization. That does not mean they have any association with the AKC. As for your puppy... it is just as deserving of praise for being such a !!cutie!! as the next dog. Good luck with your baby!

litlbit262003

my little ty ty
You are right! I am very sorry. I went back through the process of looking all the info. up!

There is an article on DOG HYBRIDS AND CROSSBREEDS if anyone is interested in it. http://en.widipedia.org/wiki

As for my dogs papers, it is the Canine Hybrid Club, the breeder told me wrong, and I looked up the papers. So in saying, again, I apologize. I do think that no matter if it is AKC or not, it still deserves all the love and it is noones business what another pays! All the breed associations, to me, are for is for breeders to put a paper with the dog so someone else can use the dog they bought to breed!

I am not a breeder, nor do I want to ever be. I love my furry little person-Tyler aka Tyty!! Better than any Full blood AKC or any other registered pup! I would pay all I could all over again for him!!!

Members online

No members online now.