Kibble suggestion

JPuckett1989

Slowly but surely......
Given the recent, and reoccurring recalls of diamond brand food I've decided I no long want to risk buying their food and I'm looking for a new kibble.

Almost her whole life, we've had sadie on Diamond Naturals and TOTW, and we've had our new puppy, charlie, on the same food. I'm looking for an all life stages kibble like TOTW so we don't have to deal with two different foods, just for simplicity sake. I've been looking at many brands but there are a lot of choices out there, some much more expensive than others, and i'm not sure of what to go with.

I'm looking for something in the same price range of TOTW, grain free.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Earthborn Holistic is going to be your best bet as far as being grain free an the same price range.

JPuckett1989

Slowly but surely......
One other question, will it be ok to feed something like earthborn to a 5 month old puppy or should I stick him on a puppy formula? I've only had him on TOTW lately because diamond naturals puppy formula didn't agree with his stomach.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
What breed is the puppy? Earthborn is an all life stages food so it is fine for puppies. Both my dogs were put straight on adult food when they were puppies, so it tends to be something I don't even worry about unless you have a giant breed.

But yeah, Earthborn would have been my suggestion as well.

JPuckett1989

Slowly but surely......
We went to the local pet store, and decided to go with canidae. I know it's not a grain free food, but it's local, and not garbage. I like the Earthborn, but don't like being able to go pick it up anytime I need it. We are considering raw, for sadie after some more research and looking into prices of food. I know a lot of people around here who hunt and have offered to hunt and process deer and wild hog for me for a cheap price.

We are considering raw, for sadie after some more research and looking into prices of food. I know a lot of people around here who hunt and have offered to hunt and process deer and wild hog for me for a cheap price.
Just curious, only thinking of switching one dog to raw?

I fed Canidae for years. They changed it a few years back and my dogs stopped doing well on it. I'm currently still with TOTW, but I am considering Blue Buffalo since they carry it at my work.

JPuckett1989

Slowly but surely......
Just curious, only thinking of switching one dog to raw?
Going to wait until our new puppy is an adult and has an even weight until I feed him raw so I can figure out the cost easier rather than having to keep increasing the amount of meat I need feed him as he grows.

Keeps things simple for right now.

Bahamutt, we will see how they do on canidae now. It was the best thing I could find under such short notice. blue buffalo is too expensive here, since petsmart is the only dealer around here that sells it.

Come september (deer season) is when I'll start the transition to raw. Guy at work has agreed for 35 bucks he'll process,butcher, and package each deer or wild hog I need, which is a pretty decent deal for 50-60 pounds of meat. He can also get me rabbit, and then I can buy beef and chicken from local stores.

In the meantime I have to find be a decent size freezer to store all this food!

shazbot

not so newby
We have our dogs on Canidae also and are switching foods because they use Diamond facilities to process their formulas.

It's a toss up between Evo and Earthborn now.

Members online

No members online now.