We Need Vibes!

StillandSilent

Neon woke me up at 4 this morning to tell me Argon was having a seizure. I follow him to the front room, just in time to see Argon both vomit and poop on the floor. He had NEVER had a seizure that severe. His have always been the sort where he never really looses conciousness, just sort of "swims" in the air for a few minutes.
The seizure ended, and the poor dog was paralyzed for almost 20 minutes. Literally, I pinched between his toes and everything, and he was nonresponsive. We were in the car on the way to the Evet before he started moving his limbs again. We went home, because the Evet is so expensive.
He has an appointment for right after work today to see his regular vet.
He has not been on meds before, but he will have to go on them now. It was so scary to see my precious little oolet just laying there looking at me, unaable to move!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
THat is so scary. I hope the vet has answers for you and for ARgon so it doesn't happen again.

Barb04

Super Moderator
So sorry to hear what happened. I hope the vet can give you some encouraging news and something to help.

Doberluv

That unresponsiveness after a seizure is called the post ictal stage and it is perfectly normal. If it happens again, just let him come around on his own and reassure him. Every muscle in his body was in contraction and it just wipes them out. My Lab, Bonnie had liver disease and in her old age, had several big seizures from that, sometimes losing bladder and bowel control, sometimes not. After it was over, she'd wander around restlessly and very confused...really out of it. It was always so upsetting to watch so I really feel for you. I hope something can be done to help him. Sending positive vibes your way. Do you know what the seizures are caused by?

ACooper

Oh no! sending all the prayers and vibes I can.

I can't even imagine how scary that was, to feel so helpless during the attack :(

((((((HUGS)))))) to neon, argon, and you too.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Oh no, that must have been so scary. =< I hope the vet can give you some ideas. ((((HUGS))))

StillandSilent

The Update: Argon hadn't had any more seizures, though he wasn't feeling too good yesterday. The vet agreed that it was time to start him on some Phenobarbital, as we have known about his seizure for quite a while.
We are on a low dose, so hopefully this will prevent any more seizures!

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
I am just seeing this--so will send my vibes out now! I hope that the meds work for him. It can be very upsetting to watch seizures happen, and the post ictal period can be even tougher. Give Argon and Neon some hugs from me. And Give one to yourself too!

Members online

No members online now.