Mini Photo Dump

iriskai

New DSLR… some of these shots aren't perfect, but ah well. Thought I'd share!

Pretty boy.

Such a good sport. More of these on my Facebook.

BOOP.

A little overexposed, but… DINOSAUR IMPRESSION.

Pretty girl, always.

Laps with 9 year old Lacey.

Ezzie.. getting told off by 9 year old Lacey. :)

Ponies.. being ponies.

Fluke Caique shot that I rather like.

iriskai

She's very.. handsy. :) She slaps him if he doesn't respond quickly enough for her liking.

iriskai

I love seeing sighthounds tear around just being joyful. :)
They're great to watch, too! There's a huge difference between just running fast, and putting it gear!

Your dogs always have the most hilarious expressions :rofl1: Great shots!
I wish I could accurately capture all the stupid derp faces. :) Particularly with Mimi, who comes off as more poised and serious… They're a riot to live with!

I love your two...

I am a fan of whippets :D
Whippets and Basenji just go together. :)

I love me some whippets!! Are those your horses and bird?
The sorrel is my sister's and the buckskin is my mom's. My boy was sold to a female ex-jockey as a trail horse when I went to college. He's in Illinois now giving lessons to intermediate riders. The bird… I'd say he's a 'family' bird, but I don't live at home anymore, so I can't really claim him. I'll have to dig up some pictures of him, he's a clown.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Ah I love the shot of them all running, they're such athletes.

Equinox

I wish I could accurately capture all the stupid derp faces. :) Particularly with Mimi, who comes off as more poised and serious… They're a riot to live with!
LOL! I definitely love the ones you've already shared around Chaz. The pictures and your captions are always hilarious :rofl1: I'm definitely going to have a whippet one of these days.

iriskai

Ah I love the shot of them all running, they're such athletes.
I'm kind of impressed I caught one in full extension, the other fully collected, and the oldie about halfway between! Not intentional by any means. :)

LOL! I definitely love the ones you've already shared around Chaz. The pictures and your captions are always hilarious :rofl1: I'm definitely going to have a whippet one of these days.
Do it! They're fantastic. Agility? Sure! Chasing fake bunnies? Awesome! Lay around on the couch all day? Sounds great! Definitely 'soft' in comparison to some other breeds, but incredibly intelligent. Also, Trent is welcome to come to Ohio and stay with me and the Skinnies. :)

Locke

I love your dogs and your photos.

Whippets have been on my must-have list for a long time, and I think my next dog will absolutely be a whippet. They just seem so perfect!

Equinox

Do it! They're fantastic. Agility? Sure! Chasing fake bunnies? Awesome! Lay around on the couch all day? Sounds great! Definitely 'soft' in comparison to some other breeds, but incredibly intelligent. Also, Trent is welcome to come to Ohio and stay with me and the Skinnies. :)
Yes!! Those are all the reasons why I would love a whippet. I've always said that two dogs were my limit, but I can always easily see myself with a third if that third dog was a whippet. I certainly wouldn't mind a softer dog, especially to balance out the jerkface shepherds that I tend to like :p Whippets just seem like such nice, fun, versatile dogs.

iriskai

I love your dogs and your photos.

Whippets have been on my must-have list for a long time, and I think my next dog will absolutely be a whippet. They just seem so perfect!
Thanks! And I think they are perfect. :) Maybe not for everyone, but that's just fine.

Your dogs are soo funny, it makes me want a sighthound even more. It's just not fair
Doooo it!

Your dogs are sooo lovely! I just love Mimi in the playing ones, so funny!
I got lucky! She's a dork/brat/evil genius. I love her. :) She has the biggest attitude.

Yes!! Those are all the reasons why I would love a whippet. I've always said that two dogs were my limit, but I can always easily see myself with a third if that third dog was a whippet. I certainly wouldn't mind a softer dog, especially to balance out the jerkface shepherds that I tend to like :p Whippets just seem like such nice, fun, versatile dogs.
Whippets are VERY easy additions to groups. :) I think I can name on one hand the number of Whippet people I know that just have one. They're just.. easy to live with. I have a picture somewhere from a show last year.. it was after the classes and we were waiting for group in a friend's RV. I had my two, friend 1 had her two girls, friend 2 had her one girl, and the people with the RV had… two or three with them. Multiple intact bitches, multiple intact dogs. Not a single problem except for a brief couple growls over a bone between Mimi and the singleton. LOVE Whippets.

My personal limit is 3.. though spot number 3 is reserved very specifically for if Mimi passes her health clearances and we can find a stud for her. :) Shh.

Equinox

Whippets are VERY easy additions to groups. :) I think I can name on one hand the number of Whippet people I know that just have one. They're just.. easy to live with. I have a picture somewhere from a show last year.. it was after the classes and we were waiting for group in a friend's RV. I had my two, friend 1 had her two girls, friend 2 had her one girl, and the people with the RV had… two or three with them. Multiple intact bitches, multiple intact dogs. Not a single problem except for a brief couple growls over a bone between Mimi and the singleton. LOVE Whippets.

My personal limit is 3.. though spot number 3 is reserved very specifically for if Mimi passes her health clearances and we can find a stud for her. :) Shh.
Oh geez, why would you go and tell me that? I'm having a hard enough time already waiting to get my second dog, and now I want a whippet badly!! They sound like a dream, and definitely what I'd look for in a third dog (...or fourth)! Just watch, I'll end up with a couple of herders and a pack of whippets. It'll be fun walking down the street with that in tow :rofl1:

And holy crow, that's exciting news about Mimi!! She is such a character, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she passes all her health tests and that your breeding plans work out!!

Locke

Thanks! And I think they are perfect. :) Maybe not for everyone, but that's just fine.

Doooo it!

I got lucky! She's a dork/brat/evil genius. I love her. :) She has the biggest attitude.

Wow, how exciting about Mimi!!

If ALL whippets are as easy going as they sound, I'll have one sooner rather than later...and I might have to blame you! Tell me they shed like crazy or something!

iriskai

Wow, how exciting about Mimi!!

If ALL whippets are as easy going as they sound, I'll have one sooner rather than later...and I might have to blame you! Tell me they shed like crazy or something!
No crazy shedding, no real doggy smell. :) Whippets are interesting to train if you've not dealt with Sighthounds before. They don't have a problem saying "No, I'd rather not do that, thanks" or "Hah. No." and definitely have their own agendas. A lot of people pass over sighthounds as they are what they are. See a bunny, run. Think later. Same thing applies for squirrels, lizards, hairballs, leaves and anything else that moves quickly. My quiet, sane, easily walkable dogs turn in to screaming thrashing banshees at race or coursing meets. :)

Beautiful! I love Whippets. :)
:D

Oh geez, why would you go and tell me that? I'm having a hard enough time already waiting to get my second dog, and now I want a whippet badly!! They sound like a dream, and definitely what I'd look for in a third dog (...or fourth)! Just watch, I'll end up with a couple of herders and a pack of whippets. It'll be fun walking down the street with that in tow :rofl1:

And holy crow, that's exciting news about Mimi!! She is such a character, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she passes all her health tests and that your breeding plans work out!!
Whippets in a group kind of turn in to a Whippet-amoeba. :D The National this year is in Maryland… WEEK FULL OF WHIPPETS. The host hotel is going to be swamped with skinnies. Really excited. :)

Members online