My dogs...

mfan

I've never been really good at keeping up with forums but at the high recommendation of Falon, I decided to try. Thought I'd share some pictures of the dogs.

All three

Baxter came first, found on the side of the road as an older puppy (6 months). I was a new-ish dog owner (had a childhood dog that I adored but wasn't that involved in the actual care) and we didn't do much but go on hikes for the first two years or so. Picked up agility classes after seeing how much he liked to leap through the woods and now I'm an agility freak. We've been competing in mostly AKC agility for roughly 18 months now and almost halfway to our MACH. For those that play agility, he has his MX (Master Excellent), MBJ (Master Bronze Jumpers), and OF (Open FAST) titles.

Avery is the deaf kid and was one of my earlier foster dogs. I had her for five months and she was treated for numerous medical issues, as well as heartworms, and was adopted out for two months before being returned. Just a little too unruly for a busier family, but after she came back, she never left. Little work ethic but the most stable dog that has ever passed through my house and now that TDI allows deaf dogs to certify for therapy, I will get her certified and start visiting the hearing impaired school in my city with her. She has a killer prey drive so she also does lure coursing and barn hunt.

After 46 fosters, Ziva is the one I couldn't let go. I've fostered two other Dutch Shepherds prior to her and fell in love with the breed. She is a rescue as well, from a bad owner, and came extremely fearful. She's coming up to her first birthday and she is a much happier, confident dog. We've been doing dock diving while I've been letting her grow up (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D6SMEr_5kQ&feature=c4-overview&list=UUqKCCdOHERNyvpMZJsmPclA) and before we do more serious agility training. She's been jumping about 18-21ft in practice and we've got her second DockDogs event coming up next weekend.

Locke

Wicked dogs and awesome accomplishments! I especially love Avery.

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
Beautiful dogs!!! Huge congrats on all of their successes thus far. Can't wait to see more pictures :D

(Also, all of you professional photographers on this forum make me feel totally incompetent with my lack of camera skills :p)

mfan

I have a lot more pictures but here are some from today. It's Ziva's first birthday so we celebrated with a hike (and pictures...).

Where's the ball...

Got it

Photobombing while I'm testing out the lighting. It's so her - waiting for the next direction with a ball in her mouth...

Testing the lighting to set up for this shot.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Oh, so excited to have you here! I follow your FB page (shameless stalker :eek:). Love love your photos!

Members online

No members online now.