Journey: Puppy to Adult

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Journey (whose name I love, btw, great choice!) and Dance go together so well, love the last picture!! <3

Toller_08

And the last one, holy smokes Dance has a HAPPY face like something serious lol I think this is way to adorable.
Dance is like permanently happy always LOL. But in that picture all she was thinking was "Omg, there's a toy! Throw the toy! Throw. The. Toy."

She is super gorgeous, omg. She was my fave from the time they were little bitty, so I'm SOOO glad you got her!!
Thank you! Going through Fran's thread for a while I was like "why is everyone so in love with Nina?" and then she became my favourite too for a few weeks, and then I got sucked back into liking the reds, and now obviously I've come to my senses and realize she's the best one of all. Or maybe the best girl anyway and Merlin can be the best boy. ;)

Reading back on their bios again and meeting a couple of her sisters when I went to pick her up, I definitely ended up with the right puppy.

Dance is like, cartoony happy in that last pic!
Haha, she is, isn't she? She looks a little nuts.

She is beautiful! Did something happen to her right ear?
I think it's to make it sit correctly.
^ Yep, what Dizzy said. People keep asking me if she injured it, but it's just to make it sit nicely. It likes to fold funny or sit on top of her head. Lots of people probably would just leave it alone, but I'm a little dog ear obsessive haha. And it doesn't bother her at all. Taping it like that, while it doesn't look like it's doing anything, keeps the crease at the back of the ear laying nicely and doesn't give it a chance to wing out weird.

Journey (whose name I love, btw, great choice!) and Dance go together so well, love the last picture!! <3
They're such a good pair! Dance adores her and Journey thinks she's just the most fun friend in orange fur ever!

Sorry, can't have! She's alllll mine.

Super cute:) I really do love aussies......I keep coming back to maybe one day...

Love how at home she obviously is...so great when a new pup melds in like they have always been there.

I was wondering about the ear too...I assumed it was for positioning, just had never seen it done that way before. I am more familiar with the danes and taping both ears under the chin:) I did it a bit for Ivy but yeah, her ears are just nutty. Qukes I figured why even bother.

Aleron

Journey is a really cute name! I had a girl Belgian puppy here for awhile named Journey :)

Sure is a cute little Berner isn't she? ;)

She is way too cute though. Like seriously!

Toller_08

Super cute:) I really do love aussies......I keep coming back to maybe one day...

Love how at home she obviously is...so great when a new pup melds in like they have always been there.

I was wondering about the ear too...I assumed it was for positioning, just had never seen it done that way before. I am more familiar with the danes and taping both ears under the chin:) I did it a bit for Ivy but yeah, her ears are just nutty. Qukes I figured why even bother.
Haha, that was me with the "maybe one day...". I first discovered the breed when I was 9 or 10, obsessed over this magazine I bought all about them, but then Dad said no when I asked for one. Which honestly is probably a good thing as we didn't know anything about breeders back then - I could have easily ended up with a mess of an Aussie!

But anyway, they were the breed that stuck hard in the back of my mind through all these years and I think there was definitely a reason for it. This puppy sure is something. Definitely not the breed for everybody, but if most Aussies are like Journey, I'm fairly sure I won't ever want to be without one from here on in. And I enjoyed her breeder's adult dogs so much - they were some of the nicest and most enjoyable dogs I've ever been around.

And yeah, a lot of people tape the ears under the chin. I think if that was the only method I wouldn't bother. It looks like too much effort haha. I can just imagine the puppy trying to get that off constantly.

My Doberman breeder showed me this way as she taped a couple of the natural eared puppies she sold like this and it worked for her. And it turns out it's a pretty common way in the Toller world as well, and Journey's breeder was also going to tape her ear like I did before I brought her home (but then decided she didn't need anything to fuss with while on the plane so I told her I'd tape it once we landed).

Journey is a really cute name! I had a girl Belgian puppy here for awhile named Journey :)

Sure is a cute little Berner isn't she? ;)

She is way too cute though. Like seriously!

Gah, I am so tired of the Berner thing it's hardly funny anymore! :p

The whole resemblance totally stops at the colour. People are so odd. Even Berner people go on about my adorable Berner puppy!

And it doesn't help that she's a crowd stopper. I've never had so many people stop and want to pet my puppy. Dance was kind of geeky looking and obviously shy, so people didn't approach too often, and I don't recall the Dobermans getting this much hands on attention (just comments from afar). It's awesome for socialization, and I must admit she is pretty hard to resist LOL. But it brings on even more opportunity for people to mention something about a Berner/ask if she's one/tell me about theirs/etc. And then I feel kind of rude when I have to say that "no, actually she's an Aussie" when they've already started bragging about their Berner or one they knew! It's crazy. :rofl1:

Toller_08

I was going to share a few new pictures and an update last night but Chaz decided that wasn't allowed (database was down), so here they are now!

Journey had her first bath and blow dry last night since coming home. She's been bathed and dried a bunch of times in the past, but both she and Merlin threw a fit the last time they had to be dried with their breeder haha. So I was expecting a small tantrum, but Journey decided that one hissy fit over being dried was enough and was perfect. Not stressed at all, just stood perfectly and waited for me to be finished. She barked at me twice in the beginning to say "hey, stop it! I don't like that!" but realized that was going to get her nowhere and quit, and then just stood like a pro and ate a few treats. She's such a good puppy.

She really doesn't know much yet as far as behaviours go as she was lacking a lot of food motivation and therefore was making it hard to teach her anything. But I finally found some treats that she thinks are awesome, so yay! She's almost learned how to shake a paw. I taught it to her in just a few minutes yesterday afternoon, and while she doesn't know the word for it yet, she offers her paw. I figured that while not a super exciting trick, it's a good one for a store dog to know haha. Mostly because for some reason every customer thinks that every dog should know how to shake hands, so I thought she should brush up on her customer service skills a bit. She also knows how to sit and we're working on down. I think she knows her name, too. It's hard to tell because she'll look at me pretty much no matter what I say, but it seems that everytime I say her name she comes running.

Other than that, not much interesting has happened this week since Christmas. She's just been coming to work with me all weekend and hanging out, making sure most of the customers know that they can't leave without saying hello. :)

Here she is looking all fluffed up and adorable:

And a cute one from the other night, too...

One of these days I'll have to actually take my camera out with her rather than have all these in the house pictures!

Toller_08

Oh wow too cute!!! I hope to meet her next time we get together ;)
For sure! I don't think we're headed out that way this year because we want to go visit my grandparents instead in SK, but next time I head out to BC we must meet up again! And hopefully Journey can tag along, although I'm pretty sure she will. :)

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
She's adorable! She seems so photogenic. Good pictures as well.. definitely wishing that I could run and get myself an Aussie right now, but I'll have to wait. :)

Members online

No members online now.