Dog clothes! Do you buy them?

I bought Adrienne her first dog sweater. Its blue and it velcros around her front and her middle. She hated it at first and tried to rip it off, but she's used to it now and wont mess with it. I didnt know they sold socks, shoes, and necklaces for dogs until I saw them at Petsmart. I think they're cute. I'd like to get Adrienne a pair of blue socks to match her sweater :D

What about you? Do you think dog clothes, booties, socks and necklaces are silly or do you like them?

Here's a pic of Adrienne in her new sweater. I know, you cant really see it but I thought the pic was cute anyway! :)

I personally think they look silly, but my finance loves them. I think we'll be getting a few sweaters for our future Pug. :)

I think they are actually pretty functional for some of the smaller breeds.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I won't buy them for my dogs yet because they are just pups and growing still. I would like to buy them a jacket when they are adults and it is cold though (even though they are dogs and do have fur I still would feel better if they had a jacket). I bought the boots for our pitbull mix and he wouldn't wear them and I couldn't even get him to sit still to put them on either. I would buy one jacket but I wouldn't go hog wild on the booties and the hats and socks and all the other stuff they sell. I would just want the one incase I decided to take blackmail pictures of them one day ;)

Ash47

Taco Dog
LOL julie.
I do buy dog clothes for Roxy. Just because she gets cold in 65 degree weather. LOL -Ok, and I think they're cute.- LOL

nedim

I'll admit it, I've looked through the racks at petco. lol. Havent bought anything as of yet, but once winter arrives, Peanut will have a few hoodies.

Im kinda suprise the roommates dog dosent have a hoody, he has short hair and he gets cold outside quick. BD the cold dosent seem to bother him at all, if I do some winter camping this year Ill get him some boots but thats about it.

"Ild take my sweater off but its attached to my skin." Brian Griffen.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
I'm not a big fan of clothes on dogs unless there's a reason for it, such as a dog that easily gets cold. I dunno, I guess I just don't like the way dog clothes look.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Oh, that picture is precious! For some reason, I seem to hear Jay-Z's "Big Pimpin" in my head when I look at that.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
lol :D

Bodhi is still growing, and I don't reackon she would suit clothes to be honest... I did give her a bath and tie a pink ribbon round her neck on Sunday, but she just looked daft! And it was off in 30 secs!

She's not a girly girl!! ;)

TheWonderPuppies

Pres. Of Gutter Club.....
That picture si so cute my dog only wears sweaters when it is cold and a t-shirt for Holloween(it says brat on it)because she can be shes spoiled rotten

Meggie

DanL said:
My daughter loves to dress up our Pug.
Ok, even with my sense of humour there's very little that I've come across on the internet that would make me burst out laughing like that photo did! I showed it to my daughter and she loved it. Said the outfit matched his eyes. :D Quincy had better hide when she gets home from school.

As for doggy clothes, I've been known to slip a sweater and boots on Quincy in the winter. The sweater because he's got all that long, dangly fur. He goes bounding through the deep (ok, so 1 foot is deep to him) snow in the backyard and comes in covered in snowballs. The boots he puts on occasionally because our city sometimes goes on overkill with the road salt.

R

rottiegirl

My dog is too small to wear clothes, cant find any in his size:( . His colar is even a cat one, because I couldnt find any dog ones in his size.

Members online

No members online now.