A prayer for Buster

Hello everyone. Early yesterday morning my parents noticed Buster having problems with his back legs. He was dragging one foot just a tiny bit so they did not think much of it. Today he has lost complete function of his back legs and is running a high fever. I brought him home and called the vet and the earliest they can get me in is tomarrow morning, 8:30 AM. Untill then they told me to give him baby tylonal and dont let him walk. keep him warm. I ask that you will please include Buster in your prayers and thoughts. And please pray that the vet will be able to help him. This has happened once before and their was not much they could do last time.

Thankyou so much! (Buster is in my avatar)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
YOU betcha...praying this is a problem that will be quickly and painlessly remedied. (((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) for you and your dog.:(:(:(

ACooper

Same here, hopefully it will be something easily fixed and he will be back to normal ASAP

Prayers and hugs for Buster and your family

He feels a little cooler, I took him out to potty and his stool is like water. He's been eating and drinking well. Its been raining alot so he's been inside alot and outside just to get some fresh air and potty (We sat in the rocking chair on the patio wrapped in a blanket) I think Lily knows he's not feeling well because she lays on the sofa right next to him and wont leave his side.

Thankyou

wishbone

Don't worry Lily, Buster is gonna be fine your sympathy worths, the vet is coming tomorrow. Get well soon buster, I'll be praying for you.

Please inform us about his sick.

bubbatd

Aw ...my heart breaks for you !!! Heavy thoughts and prayers until I hear more from you !

Sending prayers and good thoughts your way! Hope everything turns out ok. Keep us updated!

Ok... 8:30 I drove Buster to the vet, first off I'm a little peeved because we had to wait two hours for a vet to even look at us, so I wrote my complaint becuase to me this was very important.
So the vet did this test where she flipped his foot over and he would not flip it back, so that was bad. She tested his knee reflexes and they werent great, but they were ok. She then clamped his foot with these tweezer things to see if he had feeling in his paws, it went great! She then put him on the floor, and Buster wobbled a little ways, then his legs colappsed from underneath him. She was very thorough on her checkup, and then went into the back to do some more tests. (I dont know what she did to him back their). What we came to find out is that he has full connection from his brain to his nerves, so thats okay, but a disk is pinching it, or something along thoes lines. She gave him a Steroid injection into his back, and gave me some medication to give him. She also put him on full crate rest, and we set up another appointment to come in next monday and 3:00 PM. She also told me that he CANNOT walk, and if he needs to, to put a towel or leash under his belly to support his hips. She also said that he needs full rest, if he gets too active he could damage the disk further and become paralized. If the shot and meds do not work, we will have to go in and he will need surgery.

Thankyou for your prayers! Now, if you could, please pray that the meds will work and he wont have to go in for surgery, its very expensive but I CAN afford it if I have too. prayers and good thoughs please!!

Thanks!
Nicole and the pack- Sadie, Bailey, Buster, Gus and Lily

Members online

No members online now.