:( I'm boring the little guy!

It seems as though I can't keep Riley entertained for long. Do you guys have any fun games that I can amuse him? Usually, while inside the house, I just play games with his stuffed teddy bears and throw it around, I also let him play with his Kong. After a while, however, he seems to get bored and just licks and scratches himself. Am I boring him or is he just tired?

~Tucker&Me~

He's probably just tired. Puppies need a LOT of sleep and have a short attention span. As for any new games, try hiding treats around your house. Just make sure not to put them on any tabletops or counters.

~Tucker

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
lol yeah, they sleep a lot! It shocked me at first, I thought puppies were supposed to be an endless supply of energy and that sleep would be rare for them lol. But they're like human babies in that sense: they're awake for an hour or 2, and then they take a 2 hour nap lol.

Anyway, I know with Lucy, if I am not entertaining her she will find something to do...that may be tormenting the cat, laying down and chewing on a toy, or just running laps around the house. She doesn't stop unless she actually wants to stop and rest.

I'd say if you're playing with him or he's entertaining himself, and he just stops and doesn't play anymore, chances are he's just tired. :)

Thats good to know because usually he seems more happy to lie at my feet and sleep. Ill try hiding the treats, but can he smell that well?:) :D

Tinaweena

Umm enjoy this while you can. In a few short weeks, this puppy will be a destructive (although cute) bundle of nervous energy that doesn't stop from sun up to sun down!
Just cuddle as much as you can right now....cuz you won't be able to stop him long enough for a hug soon! hahah

Members online

No members online now.