This is kind of gross-- warning

Scooter

I've noticed when my female puppy pees, she sometimes has mucus dripping from either her vagina or bladder- it's hard to tell. It just looks like, sorry, but a snot drip hanging from her. I've wiped it with a tissue and it's definitely mucus. Does this sound like a bladder or vaginal infection? She also peed in the house yesterday- something she hasn't done in over a month!

Spiritus

I've noticed when my female puppy pees, she sometimes has mucus dripping from either her vagina or bladder- it's hard to tell. It just looks like, sorry, but a snot drip hanging from her. I've wiped it with a tissue and it's definitely mucus. Does this sound like a bladder or vaginal infection? She also peed in the house yesterday- something she hasn't done in over a month!
A female dog's urethria actual connects to the vagina, so both puppies and urine come out the same place. If you are seeing mucus, you need to get her to the vet. It could be a uterine infection or a vaginal infection, both of which will need to be diagnosed and treated by a vet. Mucus from that end of a dog is pretty much always a not-good thing.

Scooter

Well the vet says she has a minor case of puppy vaginitis which she said will cure by itself, but we got some urine to test for urinary tract infection. Hopefully she doesn't have that- I should find out later today. Thanks for suggesting I take her into the vet!

Members online

No members online now.