Early riser problems

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Zeus sleeps in our room every night without a problem. When we woke up in the morning, we'd put him outside to do his business. He would nudge us awake if he really had to go in the night, but such occassions were few and far between. Less than once a week.

Lately, he's been waking me up early EVERY morning and asking to go outside. It's only 30-45 minutes early, but it's driving me crazy. I don't think Zeus really has to go, I think he just wants to go outside and play.

How do I stop this? I'm afraid if I start ignoring him, he'll stop trying to wake me up when he actually does have to go.

Last edited:
How old is he? How long is it between the last nighttime potty and the first morning potty? Unless he is young, he should be able to make it all night, even if it is 9-10 hours.

Roxy's CD

Yeah, Hades is a year old and he can hold it all night, no problems what soever..

Roxy's been "faking it" lately too, just to get attention because she knows she'll get it.

Sorry Gemp, but I dont really have any ideas for you :(

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
Zeus nudged me awake at 5:30 a.m. this morning, tail wagging: "Ok, I wanna go outside and play!"

I looked him right in the eye and said "No, Zeus. Lay down."

His tail drooped and he blinked at me in shock: "What did you say?"

I said more firmly, "No, Zeus. I am not going to humor you. Lay down and go back to sleep. You go outside when I'm ready."

Zeus stared at me, then walked to the other side of the bed and nudged my hubby awake. He grumbled and said "Zeus, no! Just lay down and be a good boy like Voodoo." (never thought I'd hear that phrase).

Zeus pondered for a moment, then lay back down with a big *sigh*. He was not happy, but he did not ask again.

I think he's figured it out. :D

Last edited:
That's great. I'm sure the happy attitude in that post is only partly to do with him going back to sleep and mostly to do with you getting that extra sleep! Hope it continues going well.

Members online

No members online now.