stepping on puppy foot.

neko48604

So, i just got a new puppy 3 days ago and he 2 months old and he likes to walk under your feet. So, today taking him outside to go potty he ran right under my foot and i step on him and he started screaming and trying to get his collar off to run away from me, and when he couldn't then he started trying to bite me. I felt so bad i almost cry. What would you do if that happen or if did that ever happen to you.

thehoundgirl

If he likes to be under you just be aware where he is. I had to learn that with my cat, Tiger because he always likes to be under me. :)

If he's limping or not bearing weight on that foot, I'd get him to the vet quickly. A two month old puppy is really tiny and I'd be worried about fracturing bones in the paw.

If not, all the screaming and tugging was probably just panic. I'm sure it hurt a lot and really scared him. He probably won't associate the pain and fear with you for long.

I've stepped on paws a couple times... I always suck up to them majorly haha.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Well...Feist used to like to be underfoot, and then I stepped on her so much by accident, she didn't like it anymore.

I've stomped on Chomper's (who is also about 8 weeks) leg twice in a row because I'd not noticed he'd come and sat between my legs, twice. He of course cried and then held his leg up for a bit, but then was fine, no limp. The other day was just terrible with him though, because he'd scooted himself off the bed and was limping due to how he must have landed, but after he went to bed and woke up again was all good and has been zoomie-ing around since as normal.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
With puppies... I just wear socks and kind of let them learn.

I would worry if there is a limp or they yelp when I touch the paw a few minutes after.

jfn

First make sure you didn't hurt your puppy.
For that just see if he is walking differently or if you touch his leg he acts like it is hurting. If yes, obviously take to the vet. Otherwise, now it's a matter of relationship. In this case just keep building your trust relationship with him as if that had never happened. In a little while he will notice that you care about him and will forget about what happened.

Members online

No members online now.