Will a puppy love you more than an adult dog?

In some cases rescuing a dog can help a bond be stronger. The dog knows that there are other options than a loving family.

This dog (Sport) was rescued. We got him at a year. He had belonged to a family who really didn't like him. (he was left in a crate while the family went away for a weekend vacation with no one to come let him out)

Look at him now. He LIVES for my son.

There is no way that dog could love the child any more. We had a pup we got from a breeder. My son tried to work with her. He went to lessons with her. He loved her.. but they just didn't bond.

It has nothing to do with when you get your dog. It has more to do with how well your dog fits into your family. And in many cases its easier to know how well a dog will fit if he's a bit older.
Dekka thats so beautiful.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
You didn't even read the thread...I'm starting to wonder about your quick, shallow answers that seem designed to just boost your post count. I can't figure out why, since you don't earn any bonus points or anything for doing so...

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I got kenya when she was a year old and ive never been more bonded to a dog

lol i love ther that much more because we DIDNT have to go through that potty training nonsense lol

Members online

No members online now.