More shedding than usual?

CaliTerp07

Lucy's always had the most amazing coat. She'd shed dust bunny clumps in the corners, and i could brush out excess fluff, but it never came off in your hand when you pet her or on you clothes when she sat in your lap.

The past couple months though, her coat has changed. She is shedding like she never has before. My hands, clothes, furniture, etc are covered in fur, even just a couple days after a professional grooming.

Is this something to talk to the vet about? No change in food. It kind of coincided with bringing home the baby--could it be stress? It's not the weather--it started when there was still snow on the ground.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
It could definitely be stress.

Is it actually shedding, or is she actually losing her fur?

ETA: I guess I mean is she noticeably going bald?

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Honestly I would talk to the vet, probably be nothing, but it with weather and diet and everything else ruled out, may be time for a checkup! I've heard of some weird phantom pregnancy stuff with dogs

Does she take any supplements in her food? Merlin's shedding improved with salmon/coconut oil

CaliTerp07

It could definitely be stress.

Is it actually shedding, or is she actually losing her fur?

ETA: I guess I mean is she noticeably going bald?
Not balding.

Honestly I would talk to the vet, probably be nothing, but it with weather and diet and everything else ruled out, may be time for a checkup! I've heard of some weird phantom pregnancy stuff with dogs'

Does she take any supplements in her food? Merlin's shedding improved with salmon/coconut oil
She eats a salmon food (TOTW), so i've never added extra. I could though. I guess it's time to call the vet!

MicksMom

It could be stress related.

How old is Lucy? Caleb didn't really shed his top coat much for the first couple of years. Just when I got used to wearing dark shirts, he started dropping his top coat like I thought he would all along.

Taqroy

I had the exact same thing happen with Mu last year (even down to blaming baby stress haha). I thought it was stress at first, then I thought it was thyroid, and now I think it's just allergies. I took her to the vet after I pulled out what felt like half her coat in the bath tub last year and they said environmental allergies were awful.

She's shedding the same way this year which makes me sad. Fur everywhere.

joce

Blitz is shedding a ton and he already had it bad. I literally do not k ow where the hair even comes from as his coat is so thick still. I asked about it in the past and vet was unconcerned.

Literally no point this dog is not shedding!

Members online