Raw Chicken Question.

darkchild16

We are Home.
Jeremy and I have talked about waht to feed the dogs because we cant find anything good that we can afford here. So we have decided to put them on a cheap kibble but do like I did with Walker when I couldnt buy the good stuff and suppliment with Raw Chicken and Egg.

One how would thighs do? Walmart sells a bag of them with bones cheap.
Would it also help Scirocco with his developing arthritis???

What else would work that I can get cheap.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Look around and see if there are any meat companies around there like Harvest Meat Company or something and get the cast-offs from them for pretty cheap.

Chicken quarters are usually a good idea, though the bones are harder than say, backs or necks. For Walker, I dont' think that would be an issue. For Scir and his rotten teeth, it might be. He might do better with necks.

filarotten

Fila the love
I buy chicken quarters for mine. They love them. I also go to the butcher shop and get meaty bones for the dogs. A large grocery sack of bones is $3.00. They have a lot of meat on them. I just freeze them before giving to the dogs.

darkchild16

We are Home.
Look around and see if there are any meat companies around there like Harvest Meat Company or something and get the cast-offs from them for pretty cheap.

Chicken quarters are usually a good idea, though the bones are harder than say, backs or necks. For Walker, I dont' think that would be an issue. For Scir and his rotten teeth, it might be. He might do better with necks.
I tried to but couldnt find anything, I didnt think about it, Ill try one and see how it works. Im thinking of the nutritional value as well with the thighs do you think the necks would have that for scirocco?

Dekka

Just try me..
Necks are easy to eat.. even little jrt puppies don't seem to have an issue with chicken necks (turkey necks are another matter)

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
I'm not a huge fan of the big bones in thighs, and their size. It makes gulping/choking very easy. Chicken carcasses are the absolute best... I can find those for really cheap at butchers sometimes.

Members online

No members online now.