Whats with all the _______doodles?

Fran27 said:
I find them rather ugly...
The second picture looks a bit like my dog, and the ones in the bottom photo look just like IWH's...so thanks!!:mad: Not sure what value your comment adds to this or any other thread on a supposed dog lovers:confused: forum.

Fran27

Sophie is much cuter :p

I just find it weird to see a huge poodle on huge legs... but mostly it's the face that doesn't fit... IMO (for the first one).

Stewart is kinda cute though.

Fran27 said:
Sophie is much cuter :p

I just find it weird to see a huge poodle on huge legs... but mostly it's the face that doesn't fit... IMO (for the first one).

Stewart is kinda cute though.
OK...redeemed;)

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Sorries to bring this thread back... but...

I have never looked at a dog and thought "ugly". The first Doodle definitely strikes me as very "awkward" looking, like a bunch of different body parts from different breeds were combined. I think it's kind of sad for the dog, especially if they have health problems developing from that (the first doodle's hindquarters are super high). Not ugly, though! I've had people call Fozzie "funny-looking" and it does hurt my feelings. Everyone has their own unique preferences in dogs, and all dogs have their own unique look. However, DO I think that many of the "Doodles" have strikingly similar appearances to purebred dogs already in existance? YES! So, do I see a lot of these breeds as pretty much indistinguished/not necessary to be breeding on purpose? YES. (like Labradoodles look/act similar to Porties, etc)

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
I also wanted to add, I met my first Australian Labradoodle at Fozzie's puppy class. He isn't exactly from Aus, but his parents are. He's definitely multi-generational, golden colored, with a coat that is less curly than a Poodles. He is going through training to be a service dog for their disabled daughter. I was really happy to meet them because they had obviously done their research and were getting a "Labradoodle" for the right reasons, and their pup was beautiful & very well cared for... I'll get pics of the puppy playing frenzy on Saturday, so hopefully I can get one of the little cutie.

Fran27

ihartgonzo said:
Sorries to bring this thread back... but...

I have never looked at a dog and thought "ugly".
Dunno, guess it makes me a monster, but I find lots of dogs ugly. That doesn't mean they are not nice and all, but I still feel this way. Just my opinion though.

mjb

My mother always said my pug was so ugly he was cute. And she just kind of laughs when we ask her doesn't she think our current dog is beautiful. She says is you can get past his exaggerated underbite and his out-of-control hair, he might be kind of cute.

Fran27 said:
Dunno, guess it makes me a monster, but I find lots of dogs ugly. That doesn't mean they are not nice and all, but I still feel this way. Just my opinion though.
I certainly don't think it makes you a monster, but thinking it and saying it are two different things. Good or bad, it can be offensive and hurtful to others and on a forum like this with so many member/breeds/mixes, someone is bound to be effected by an "ugly dog" comment.
I read one comment about a doodle looking like an Irish Wolfhound gone wrong...that pi$sed me off. The person who wrote it obviously knows that there are doodle owners/lovers on this forum....so why post something so nasty. I think sometimes people do forget the depth of love we all have for our dogs, funny looking or not...it would be like telling someone that their child is ugly!:confused:
I tend to agree with ihardgnzo, the really "off" looking ones are usually so funny looking their cute. You only have to really look into the eyes of any dog to change your mind...:)

Fran27

I agree, but it doesn't cost anything to say that I find this particular woodle ugly - after all, none of them look alike ;) And a little detail can make a huge difference.

stevinski

Int CH - $uperBitch
dont get me wrong but i actually like this thread, its the place where everyone has the doodle arguments that normally clog up the otgher threads
and i find it quite interesting lol

I have a poodle/schnuzer mix, but I REFUSE to call her a schnoodle. She was a stray that I found, and if I had brought her I would have done so only because she is an incrediable dog, not because of a cutesy name. When people ask me what kind of dog she is, I respond a poodle/shcn mix, to which they say "oh, a schnoodle!" I then come right back with, "nope, shes a mutt"

S

savethebulliedbreeds

Groominggal....you are soooo right and thank you for putting people in their places about schnoodles, doodles, woodles, aussieoodles and whatever the hell people are gonna come up with next. Not being rude to doodle or woodle owners but face it they are mutts. Again I was NOT trying to be rude but groominggal is right.

Members online

No members online now.