Heat

There have been several questions relating to female dogs coming into heat so I thought it might be helpful to start a thread describing some of the symptoms and idiosyncracies you can run into with a female dog coming into season.

Both of mine get PMS. Shiva gets cranky and sleepy. She also gets zits on her chin! Kharma gets flirty and playful - and cranky, lol! Both of them get needy as all get out and are even more clingy than normal. They get whiney. They're restless and nothing quite satisfies them. They both try to steal chocolate :confused:

Charley intends to have Fila pups. He wants working farm dogs, which I understand, and he has a lot of experience, having been successful at breeding Dobermans from some very good European lines. I am dreading it though. We'll have Filas out the wazoo, but the worst part is I'll be worried every second . . . I am hoping for small litters, lol!

oriondw

user not active
Dog is in heat when every male dog in 5 mile radius is running circles around your property :D

Bimmer has them all run off around here! It went from one big black dog giving him a hard time when he was a pup to him running down the hill with his head thrown back howling and the whole pack of dogs screaming and scattering. I don't know what he did to them, but they're all terrified of him now . . . and there's never been a mark on him! I tell him to be careful - he's like Muhammed Ali - too pretty to bleed :D

bubbatd

Grammy story : One Thanksgiving our Rufus was gone longer than usual.... so I load 3 kids in the car to check the neighborhood.... (40 yrs. ago ) ....turkey was in the oven and 8 coming for dinner. There was Rufus tied with a tethered visiting female collie in heat......try to explain that to 3 young kids waiting for 15 minutes. !!! I spoke to the owners, and they were sorry they hadn't been watching her. This was in the country...they thought while visiting she'd be safe and Rufus was smiling. Yes, I've learned alot and times were different then. I couldn't blame Rufus...

Ash47

Taco Dog
Aww Rufus...
Grammy, I could just see your face. LOL

Renee,
SO you are breeding both of them or just Shiva? Either way, they are both beautiful and smart and I know they will make great babies. Absoulutely can not wait to see this.

Members online