why do you think pitbulls are evil?

DobeDad

Most pro-pitbull replies here state that they are very human friendly but you hear so many reports of pitbulls turning on their owners. Are these all simply cases of bad owners?

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
DobeDad said:
Most pro-pitbull replies here state that they are very human friendly but you hear so many reports of pitbulls turning on their owners. Are these all simply cases of bad owners?
Yes it is abd bad breeding. I own three happy friendly Pitbulls all spayed or neutered they love kids and other people and dogs. But thats because I put alot of seriouse training and socializing into them. I was not too long ago attack for owning pitbulls in my own town I don't want to get into the whole thing but im still healing I have actual physical scars.

Amstaffer

DobeDad said:
Reasons

1. Bad owners who don't socialize or even encourage aggression.

2. Pitbull attacks in the Media often are even pitbulls, there are 25+ Pitbull type breeds that get called pitbull in the news. It would be like saying Hunting dog.

3. If a Lab attacks....and they do...they don't do as much damage and the media doesn't pay attention to it unless they can call it a Pitbull or a Rott.

4. In the number of bites recorded every year American Pitbull Terriers are consistently towards the bottom of the list, even though they are often the most abused in Urban areas.

DobeDad

Thanks for the responses, sounds like a reasonable explanation.

I feel bad for responsible pitbull owners because of all of the negative media attention given to pitbulls. I am naturally cautious around most new dogs i meet, especially off-leash, but i can understand why many people want the breed(s) banned as even i've fallen under the media's spell on occasion when meeting a new pitbull as i half expect it to fly up to my doberman and attempt to rip her head off. Obviously this is not going to happen, but there is an overwhemingly violent pitbull image out there and until the breeds popularity among irresponsible owners dies down, its going to be difficult to improve.

Doberluv

I think a lot of it has to do with image for a lot of people. A lot of rough, tough, wanna be macho guys want a "bad ***" dog. They're used for illegal fighting. So, there are a lot of back yard, idiotic breeders to cater to these shallow, insecure, creeps that couldn't care less about animals. Their narcissistic image needs something like this. So many of the dogs bred are bred without any concern for temperament, health or early socialization of the pups while still at the "breeder's." Then the creeps get their pup and further perpetuate the already lousy temperament by not socializing or training the pup and mistreating it in the misinformed opinion that that will make the dog "tough." I can only imagine the goings on. So those dogs get out and kill other dogs or bite and kill some human being and then the **** hit's the media fan. Nevermind the responsible breeders, responsible, loving pet owners who love the breed for the breed's correct temperament. It is ridiculous that breed ban enthusiasts and the media can't see this.

Last edited:

Richie12345

...I would love to own a pitbull... But I havn't really researched about them and my mom keeps on believing that pitbulls are a dangerous breed even though my dad, and I point at many reasons why they are not vicious. My father used to have a friend with a pitbull, and he said it was the nicest dog he has ever met.

Richie12345

Come on! Why do they keep on degrading their reputations!!! Does this PitBull look vicious?!?

What about this one:

bridey_01

Kelpiefied
I havn't had the chance to actually meet a full blood pitbull (though i've known alot of wonderful staffys) as they are banned where i live. However, bull terriers are one of my favourite breeds, i just love their sharky eyes and funny features.

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
awwwwwww the second pic is adorable!!!!!! Reminds me of my Tundra only Tundra has a bit more weight on her and she is Brindle.

I would just like to say that right now Im a glad I dont live in america. I have just bought a Staffordshire bull terrier puppy, and she is beautiful. I cant imagine a more loving dog. She would be put classed as a pit bull over in the states, I cant even imagine how people can hate them those pictures above are gorgeous, thats what shadow looks like, though a bit narrower in the face. (In her pics face on she doesn't look much like a staff, but she's a pedigree). I completedly agree with everything Amstaff has said. Im completely pro-pitt. Its humans who are at fault not pitts. [/IMG]

Members online

No members online now.