Malaysian Driftwood
planted tank, a couple anubias, hornwart, some swords

Inhabitants are
1 Male Crowntail Betta
6 Peppered Corydora Catfish
7 Cardinal Tetra
2 Oto
1 Amano Shrimp
1 Flying Fox (which will have to leave my tank when he is older and gets too big, he was brought in as an attempt to subdue hair algae growth)

I have it set up since around June

And here is Roberto my Betta (aka Bob) (with an out of focus Cory in the foreground)

Romy

Taxiderpy
Tomorrow, since it's dark.

Ours is a 40 gallon tub out front with duckweed and water hyacinth. My daughter's goldfish is out for the summer and loving it. We're trying really hard to groom him so he'll fill out properly. He's supposed to be a ryukin, but got kind of starved before he came here so was really far behind growth-wise.

She said she wants a steampunk aquarium, so I picked up a leaky old 40 gallon from goodwill for $10 and am in the process of converting it. The new silicone should be cured tomorrow afternoon. :)

Here's the little guy when we first brought him home:

A month later, much better. Hopefully it's not too late for him to reach his full potential.

Romy

Taxiderpy
Now that is a shiny shiny tank. Heavily planted ones are always so gorgeous. He does great rock placement too.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
No tanks right now. My last one was a ten gallon with a betta and two African dwarf frogs. Haven't had any tanks going wince they all died. I know its not an aquarium, but I used to have a pond filled with koi at the house I lived in when I was a kid.

Barbara!

Have had several set up, but we want to wait until we are a little more grounded. We have been moving every year and I don't want to deal with moving a big tank anymore. So we are waiting. Next step is a 400 gallon, though.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
Tomorrow, since it's dark.

Ours is a 40 gallon tub out front with duckweed and water hyacinth. My daughter's goldfish is out for the summer and loving it. We're trying really hard to groom him so he'll fill out properly. He's supposed to be a ryukin, but got kind of starved before he came here so was really far behind growth-wise.

She said she wants a steampunk aquarium, so I picked up a leaky old 40 gallon from goodwill for $10 and am in the process of converting it. The new silicone should be cured tomorrow afternoon. :)

Here's the little guy when we first brought him home:

A month later, much better. Hopefully it's not too late for him to reach his full potential.

You must post pics of the project-it sounds awesome! Do you know what the basic design is going to be yet?

I also want you to know that I just spent 30 minutes looking up steampunk stuff because I'd never heard of it before and find it intriguing-lol.

My aquirium ideal would be a goldfish pond outside, a large 40-50 gal planted community tank, a 10-20 gal guppy tank with a female betta for "population control," at least one or two male betta set ups, and a twenty gallon with a pair of African clawed frogs. DH is horrified at the amount of aquiriums I want-lol.

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
Here is mine

30 Gal
freshwater tropical
Malaysian Driftwood
planted tank, a couple anubias, hornwart, some swords

Inhabitants are
1 Male Crowntail Betta
6 Peppered Corydora Catfish
7 Cardinal Tetra
2 Oto
1 Amano Shrimp
1 Flying Fox (which will have to leave my tank when he is older and gets too big, he was brought in as an attempt to subdue hair algae growth)

I have it set up since around June

And here is Roberto my Betta (aka Bob) (with an out of focus Cory in the foreground)
^^ This is pretty much the setup I want someday. <3 <3 <3 So jealous!

Keechak

Aussie Obssessed
^^ This is pretty much the setup I want someday. <3 <3 <3 So jealous!
Thanks, I've spent a lot of time on it arranging it and learning what plants do best in what places. I lost one Amazon sword due too not getting enough light as it was tucked in a dark corner, my center amazon sword as you can see is doing great and I can't wait till it grows up to the top of the tank. My center(driftwood) anubias is also doing fantastic and has roots growing everywhere I am excited for when it decides to grow a new sprout somewhere!

Here are some more fish shots
one of the Otos

The Cardinal Tetra (this photo was taken a couple months ago and the plant that's in the background here was a fake plant that is no longer in my tank.)

Mr Bob again

And one of the Cory Cats

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Awesome pics, guys!! I'll post mine laterr it's really funky/whimsical right now with multicolored plastic plants, black gravel, and a pink zebra print background, and I want to completely change it to something like what Keechack has with sand, driftwood, and live plants.

LindaJD

I've never met a fish I couldn't kill. I would love to have a fish tank, but through the years I have tried it about 4-5 times and failed each time. I go to friends houses who have tanks and they don't have problems, It's just me. I refuse to try ever again. I just look at others tanks with lust.

Romy

Taxiderpy
My daughter fell in love with a couple of hibunas *coughfeedergoldfishcough* so we brought them home. Her ryukin needed friends anyway, since it can't live with her future bubble yes.

One is incredibly awkward. It's nacreous, and sort of transparent? The markings are weird too, no blue, but those big black dots evenly spaced on both sides of its body. Poor little guy is all skinny and stunted so we're going to fatten him up.

Then this elegant little guy. I think it probably came out of sarassa comet stock and was culled for short fins.

I have a 20 gallon with just a few young catfish in it. We lost our 15ish year old featherfin catfish this summer, then restocked the tank with a small featherfin, 2 upside down cats, and a whiptail cat.

They're pretty hard to get pics of because... well, they're catfish and the tank is set up for them to hide if they like. I can go weeks without even seeing them. (You may ask yourself what the point is, but... well, I like catfish. And when they get bigger they're out and about more and easier to see.)

This is the whiptail... he's only a few inches long now.

This is one of the upside down cats. They're only about an inch right now.

This is the wee featherfin still bagged. Also only about an inch.

This was our old featherfin. We just called it Big Cat. RIP under the raspberry bushes.

~Tucker&Me~

Wow this thread has had a lot of spam lol.

I am putting up a 90g on Thursday, I guess I will have to post some pictures :p

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Decided it was time to haul the 90g back upstairs and get it started. Both my planted 29g tanks will be moved into this and one 29g will become a spare quarantine tank. The other will likely be a planted shrimp tank in my office.

I had intended to wait until I had a standard 90g before putting the system back up (not RR), but decided to just roll with it and seal off the bulkheads on my old tank and use it.

I dont have any good pics of my tanks :/ They are really overgrown now but here is a pic of one of my 20g (my TV tank) when I stripped it and redid it awhile back

Plants were JUST planted so very little still and I had not added fish yet, only some cherry shrimp. I then added a pygmy gourami, some pygmy cory cats and neons.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Lol I love how Webster is underneath!

I'm jealous that you have so many huge awesome tanks. My biggest is 20 gallons (long). But there's just no room. I'm only allowed to have them in my bedroom aside from the one 10 gallon that I gifted to my mom with a betta.

Eta: greenmagick, we posted at the same time! I loooove your tank!

Members online

No members online now.