Static Cat?

Locke

I'm house/dog/cat sitting and the cat is very affectionate. The only problem is that she is VERY static-y and I feel bad giving her little shocks each time I pet her.

Is there anything I can do to cut down on the static? She doesn't seem bothered by it, but I don't want to be hurting her accidentally.

Id love a answer too. My cat rolls allllllll over the carpet. then when you touch her we both get shocked. she is a jumpy animal as it is, so now she flinchs most times I go to touch her, i guess from fear of the shock. Not like I can touch the princess often any way, she is pretty well anti social. Id call her feral if I didnt know she wasnt born in a home my boyfriends friend owns lol

Locke

I've heard you can rub a dryer sheet on them to make them less staticky. Never done it myself, though.
I don't think the chemicals would be safe for her to ingest when she cleans herself. Maybe a used dryer sheet would be okay...??...I don't know. I don't want to make her sick or kill her. Thanks for the idea though.

Members online