Ms. Midnight Spitfire

Melle

Decided I'd go ahead and share my best shots of my 20 month Pit Bull Terrier mix girl now that I've joined the community. Although her nickname Midnight doesn't fit as well ever since I started noticing that she's actually dark seal color :S

A little background on how our relationship began - through my adolescence I've had a medical-emotional struggle that I brought to my parents and ended up in discussions of how the responsibility of a dog might help. After discussions with my doctor and therapist, I learned about PSDs. Nina may or may not ever work in public, and generally I can manage to hold together outside the house, but she does know four tasks at home that no doubt make the biggest difference in my life - although someday when I have the funds, avoiding being a burden to the parents - I'd like to work with a trainer to sharpen up what we have.

Because of her, and since she's my project dog, she's inspired me to major in Animal Sciences, should Uni be right for me, and even if not, I have no doubt of wanting to be a show handler, trainer, or shelter/rescue worker. But yes, pics!

I've long been wondering what she could possibly be mixed with since she resembles an APBT except for her long and snipey-ish muzzle. I'm thinking Lab. How about you?

She's gorgeous! :)

I have no breed guesses, but she sure is a cutie and I'm glad she's such an inspiration for you.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
She's gorgeous!

As for breed...I honestly don't see Lab, although that isn't to say it isn't there. I can't tell how big she is from the photos, but she honestly seems very American Bulldog mix-y to me. But that is probably because she reminds me of a client's American Bulldog/Border Collie mix that I knew.

More than likely she's a multi-generation Pit/Lab mixture of some sort. ;)

Melle

Thanks guys! :)

It's funny because when I first got her, the extent of white on her made me think of Border Collies, but then concluded she's not wiry enough.

I've never thought AB before. Their muzzles generally seem so short to me and hers is almost way too long to fit even the ADBA standard for APBTs if I were to enter her in a fun show.

She's on the biggish side of medium, for me at least. 47lbs during the winter, 45 when we've been exercising more, and about 22 inches at the shoulder. She only looks like a typical pit mix to me from the front, but otherwise her profile is more houndy, as my mom commented once.

Around Xmas a sibling gave me a Wisdom Panel Test for fun and it said AmStaff and Boxer mix. Not unlikely, although upon searching that I didn't see a single boxer mix as dark brown as her. Not that I put too much weight on WP tests.

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word
Wonderful pictures.I don't have any breed guesses. Whatever breed she is, she's absolutely gorgeous.

I love the wider collar. If you don't mind sharing- where'd you get it from? Even though I won't buy, because I have no dog.

Melle

Wonderful pictures.I don't have any breed guesses. Whatever breed she is, she's absolutely gorgeous.

I love the wider collar. If you don't mind sharing- where'd you get it from? Even though I won't buy, because I have no dog.
Thank you c:

I bought it from Stillwater Kennel Supply online - it's a 2 inch Seatbelt & Nylon Webbing sandwiched collar, 4 ply. I'd swear by his gear - the only time I'll get her another brand is when I can finally buy her one from Hilltop Leather Shop.

She's beautiful!

Have you thought about her being pit and maybe pointer? Or pit and hound. I live in a area that is popular with hunters and we have a lot of 'deer' dogs and 'hog' dogs. Pit/hound mixes are quite common and the hounds hunters prefer in my area are much leaner and rangier than the type most people typically think of (beagles, bloodhounds, etc..)

Melle

It's funny that hound is mentioned, because one day, although it only happened once, we heard a chipmunk on a walk, and she froze and pointed.

Otherwise though, she's just a biddable, happy-go-lucky, yet serious, pittie girl.

Thanks guys =)

Gorgeous girl! I think she looks like a generic pit bull, personally. Her muzzle doesn't seem that long to me in these photos. Perhaps she leans more toward the terrier side.

noludoru

Bored Now.
AWW! We have another Midnight. (Sort of.) Except yours is way cuter than mine. :p

She looks 100% Pittie to me, btw.

Members online

No members online now.