UGH *vent*

darkchild16

We are Home.
Its all finding the childs form of disapline. For morgan its taking away his water bottle (weird kid) and Bev its not letting her walk in the store/time out with Connor it was taking away his legos.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
I take hannah out everyday. Between homeschool co ops, moms group gatherings, gymnastics and then doing all the things that we enjoy doing ( today we went bowling lol) plus all te nessecary things like grocery shoppinh we are out everyday. But there are many hours in a day and even with daily outings we are hOme for a number of hours and she has lots of time to play at home. She is also an only child so learning to entertain herself is a nessecity lol

It's just different strokes for different folks

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Its all finding the childs form of disapline. For morgan its taking away his water bottle (weird kid) and Bev its not letting her walk in the store/time out with Connor it was taking away his legos.
That would make sense but there are kids who truly just don't care about the punishment.

What I can't stand is parents who just don't give a rats patoot and let their kids run wild around the grocery store while mom just chats on the phone and doesn't care that said child is knocking everything off the shelf and bumping into everyone. Those are the people we should be complaining about... not the people who just don't go out because they don't want to BE that parent outlined above lol. If you don't take your one child grocery shopping because it's not something you are prepared to handle at the moment then THANK YOU :)
:hail:

And that goes for ANYPLACE, not just the store -- especially restaurants. If parents don't want to deal with their own kids in a restaurant (or anyplace, for that matter), hire a sitter, don't leave it to everyone else in the place to deal with your little hellion. Sure, even the best behaved kid can have an off day, or just get a wild hair, and most of us understand, but what I refuse to be understanding about is when the parent ignores it or even sits there and laughs at it when their kid is inflicting themselves on others.

darkchild16

We are Home.
That would make sense but there are kids who truly just don't care about the punishment.
we thought that about Morgan until we found the water bottle thing out randomly. :rofl1:He was throwing a (normal) tantrum and we took his water bottle and told him if he didnt chill he wouldnt get it back he shut right up LOL.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
I hope when we have a kid I am able to take them places. My mom took me everywhere when I was little. My dad didn't like to take care of me alone, so unless it was work, my mom took me. My grandparents took me to nice restaurants and stuff when I was a toddler and my mom claims I did fine.

darkchild16

We are Home.
Sadly we cant do restaurants with Morgan because he goes into overload :( He has to be able to get up and move while hes eating or he overloads (still havent figured that one out) so we do the two places here that still have playplaces or eat at home.

Paige

Let it be
Briggs gets out for 5-6 hours a day every day or he goes freaking nuts in the house and breaks crap from being hyper. LOL. But I take him places he can just run, kick up dirt and be silly instead of where he needs to be structured.

Take for example today. I had no help. I have to go to a maternity appointment. Weighing myself wasn't going to happen because the little bus I get on is not very stroller friendly so its only a carrier. I can't weigh myself with him in the carrier and he doesn't understand how to stand still. Then he decides he is going to boogie off with one of the wheely chairs the doctors sit on. Then I sit on it because he won't listen to no. Then he just pushes me around the room he's not supposed to be in through curtians while laughing.

Ha he's such a handful. He is just out to have a good time. None of this is to be bad. He doesn't understand language very well yet and I'm still working on developing his listening skills. Rather than getting frustrated with him I tend to just redirect and make something else more fun because that is what works for my child. I bet people think I am the biggest pushover and the worst mother in the world. But hey, I need my sanity too and it's what gets us through the day.

The thing is, you're DOING something, paying attention. I don't care how wild a kid is as long as the parent(s) is/are aware and making an effort, especially if it's something intelligent like redirecting and working with the child.

But I totally understand when it's all too much and the dreaded TRIP TO THE CAR happens ;)

We couldn't go out to restaurants until my sister was well over four. She'd come unglued. Temper tantrums -- full on screaming, purple-faced, flailing, hitting . . . real beauts. At least she timed it before we'd order, lol.

darkchild16

We are Home.
Yep redirecting is something I use it with Morgan when I remember to grab something to redirect him too. Also dr stools good luck lol. Those I swear are kid magnets. My midwife even said the same thing.

Morgan is bad in restaurants because he wants all the food lol. he gets SOOOOOOOOO focused about it that the SECOND i mention dinner he is in his seat wanthing it NOW. I have to Ft. Know my kitchen differently daily because of how he is with food.

darkchild16

We are Home.
i always did lol. Morgan likes to lay on them belly down and spin.

After Jeremys accident last year him Morgan and I were in the hospital one night and he kept walking it around the trauma room we were in (4 pts to a room with just curtains) everyone thankfully didnt care if he "visited" they all thought he was cute pushing the stool around and at 2 AM I was too tired to try and do much.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Our doctor has crayons so Hannah can color on the table paper lol.

Hannah is a charmer so if we are somewhere where there are people around she is on her best behaviour. Tonight we went to Red lobster for our anniversary and Hannah made friends with the older woman behind us (the grandmas always love her lol) and on our way out Hannah gave her a hug LOL and the lady says "Oh my word she is too cute. She's going to be an actress or the Mayor or something lol." I said "Or Miss America" LOL

But hannah is soft. All it takes is a look or a word and she shapes up. If Daddy dares raise his voice she bursts into tears immediately lol.

darkchild16

We are Home.
Our doctor has crayons so Hannah can color on the table paper lol.

Hannah is a charmer so if we are somewhere where there are people around she is on her best behaviour. Tonight we went to Red lobster for our anniversary and Hannah made friends with the older woman behind us (the grandmas always love her lol) and on our way out Hannah gave her a hug LOL and the lady says "Oh my word she is too cute. She's going to be an actress or the Mayor or something lol." I said "Or Miss America" LOL

But hannah is soft. All it takes is a look or a word and she shapes up. If Daddy dares raise his voice she bursts into tears immediately lol.
Jealous. People glare at me when I have to get in Bevs face and get stern with her but if I was nice and giggly shed walk all over me.

Paige

Let it be
My attention means the world to Briggs still. So it's pretty easy when he is actually crossing a line by hitting and biting to just walk away. Behavior instantly stops. I fear for when I am no longer #1 as my attention is such an easy resource to control

Members online

No members online now.