German Shepard

sundog

Does anyone know if a German Shepard is able to jump up on top of the hood of a vehicle?

sundog

I have some scratches on the hood of my vehicle. I figured my Shepard did them since there were no other animals around. (I live out in the country.) No big deal... My dog didn't get into any trouble. But, when I said I thought my dog got up on the hood of my vehicle another person thought that German Shepards were incapable of jumping on the hood of a vehicle because of their hip structure.

It's one of those things. I was just wondering.

DanL

lol at the "hip structure" comment. A GSD is supposed to be an agile, athletic, strong dog. The hood of a car would be a minor obstacle for them. Mine doesn't know it but he could clear our 6' fence if he wanted to, and clear the 4' fence without even touching it. He just hasn't figured that out yet and we're not showing him on purpose.

sundog

We got this German Shepard from a person we knew that was moving to another state because of his job. When we got her she was two years old and did a few naughty things. She was very mean to our Shepard, would unlock the gate, and didn't really want anything to do with us. Now, she sleeps inside the house on the same bed with our Shepard (even though there are two beds) and puts the top part of her body on my lap everytime I sit down and wants some loving. The gate situation, we just put clips in the holes so she can't lift the lever. That way she can't get out into the driveway area where we keep our vehicles.

Julie

I am back again.
My GSD will leap from the ground into the cab of my semi truck (about 5 feet) any day of the week and twice on sundays. She also enjous hurdles.

:D :D

during training and certs Rocket has to jump thru the window of a large truck and apprehend a "suspect".

She also can jump on the top of a six foot fence and squirm the rest of the way over.

And she is a smallish shepherd.

She also climbs the ladder to the boys tree house if they are up there....
The only problem is she can't get down....Lol

She has freaked quite a few people out by jumping over a 1/2 door in our kitchen to get into the living room. People tend to get a little excited when a german shepherd jumps over a four foot door when they are not expecting it.
Especially Pre-K teachers on a home visit. :D
I should try to get a picture of that..... Toooo Funny!

Members online

No members online now.