The Good News thread

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
It was 50 degrees and muddy at the park today! We had a blast. Sure beats those 80 degree days lately....

Also, emailed two breeders I really really like and got promising responses from both of them!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Aw Happy, you're such a good dog.

Also, today I took Juno to the pet store I used to work at... one guy that works there, she has always been TERRIFIED of him. Like, tries to run away, shuts down, completely doesn't even want to be in the store if he's there. And of course, he was there today. And Juno was a rockstar. She was indifferent more than anything. Looked at him, did a full body wiggle, curious but still cautious. Okay with his presence for the most part. Came over to me when I called her, even though he was standing next to me. Actually at one point he knelt down to see if she'd have an easier time with that, and she came over and gave him a couple licks. :) We were all pretty impressed with how she did with that today.

Saeleofu

I just clean Gwyneth's cage and gave her new stuff to play with and took some stuff out. She's having a blast rearranging and exploring. I love watching her when she does this :)

Airn

We went to a baseball game to help adopt out a dog. He's super sweet... 2 year old lab mix. His name's Vern. He's sitting on my chair with me, with his head on my lap. Omg I love him. I hope he gets adopted. :D

(Gwen is flipping out and taking it well. She's not fighting or anything but she's clearly disturbed.)

And on my couch, where upon inspecting the house, he was more than happy to jump onto. :rofl1:

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Macky spent the night at my house, because we're going to career day at my landlord's school (he's a teacher) to talk about dog training in a few minutes. :lol-sign: Much to my surprise, having 4 dogs in this little house wasn't chaotic at all. All three of mine even slept in my room with me without complaint or squabble, and besides a few attempts at rooting through the cat box, hasn't been into everything - in the past, we've had problems with her refusing to settle and constantly looking for something to get into, trying to countersurf. And she and Blossom (she doesn't like young, wild dogs, esp big clumsy ones) are getting along really well, even with less space than at my mom's.

This makes me happy.

SaraB

Also, today I took Juno to the pet store I used to work at... one guy that works there, she has always been TERRIFIED of him. Like, tries to run away, shuts down, completely doesn't even want to be in the store if he's there. And of course, he was there today. And Juno was a rockstar. She was indifferent more than anything. Looked at him, did a full body wiggle, curious but still cautious. Okay with his presence for the most part. Came over to me when I called her, even though he was standing next to me. Actually at one point he knelt down to see if she'd have an easier time with that, and she came over and gave him a couple licks. :) We were all pretty impressed with how she did with that today.
Yay!!!! So happy for you guys.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Got my volunteer schedule for the trial tomorrow and Sunday. I am volunteering both days. Sat morning and then Sunday all day. My trainer was apologizing for scheduling me so long. I just laughed because all day at agility is sure not a problem for me.

Also I am meeting up with a lady that has awesome Shelties at the trial.

And one of the pyr shep breeders I love is coming through ok next month and I may get to meet her and a couple of her dogs including one smooth face that lives in Tulsa.

Summers intro to odor class starts up next week too.

Everything is going nicely on the dog front. :) :) :)

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Macky spent the night at my house, because we're going to career day at my landlord's school (he's a teacher) to talk about dog training in a few minutes. :lol-sign: Much to my surprise, having 4 dogs in this little house wasn't chaotic at all. All three of mine even slept in my room with me without complaint or squabble, and besides a few attempts at rooting through the cat box, hasn't been into everything - in the past, we've had problems with her refusing to settle and constantly looking for something to get into, trying to countersurf. And she and Blossom (she doesn't like young, wild dogs, esp big clumsy ones) are getting along really well, even with less space than at my mom's.

This makes me happy.
Wait, wut? I thought Macky was yours? And if not, who is the third dog?

I'm confuzzled.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Josh has the day off of work, including the entire weekend! That means he is coming babysitting with me tonight. Muwaha. ;)

Also, Greek Chicken Spaghetti. Yum.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
I found my camera! :D I mean, I feel like an idiot because I tore apart the entire house and it was on a bag on my bed all this time (* ultimate facepalm*), but yay, I still found it and can get peektures now. :D

Locke

WE FINALLY GOT A HOUSE!!!!

which really means, I CAN FINALLY GET A DOG SOON!!!

I also got 99% on my final exam on my last day of school EVER!!

It's been a fantastic end to the week.

Members online