Agility Run-Thrus

BostonBanker

The training center I go to with Meg and Gusto is having a match tomorrow at a canine event. I'm running both dogs then, so hopefully there will be video then - although if Gusto is a loon, that video may or may not be shared! It will be his first public appearance, and I expect hilarity to ensue.

We were lucky enough to get to hold classes and run-thrus at the fairgrounds, so both kids got a taste of the venue Friday night. A few people had cameras and got some really great shots.

Full disclosure: Meg has seen agility equipment 3 times since getting her PDCH in February. She's made it very clear that she is done practicing, and she's earned the right. But she still lights up at trials. I bought her a cheeseburger on the way to run thrus, and she was beyond pleased to run. Basically, anything the dog gives me at this point is a gift.

Fuller disclosure: Gusto is Baby Dog. This was great for him, because he's had limited exposure to different training areas and equipment (well, this is the usual equipment he uses). He was a bit distracted, but far better than I expected!

Anyway, the pictures.

Meggles, being wild and happy!

I love this! Talk about happily driving into her entry!

BostonBanker

And the Child
Catching some air

But still knows his job on the contacts!

Err...mostly. This is life with Gusto. "You like 2 on/2 off? What about 3 on/1 off? Is this right? Cookie?" Always testing. Always proofing.

There you go, knucklehead.

I tell Gusto he is too little to single-stride weaves. He begs to differ.

Baby dog has drive!

And maybe my favorite picture. I'm planning to run him performance, because I don't want him jumping 22". So he'll just jump 26".

Video to follow tomorrow night. Maybe :D

BostonBanker

Sweet! How the heck did you find a cur all the way up in Vermont?
Meg's a Mountain Cur. She was an owner-surrender to a high-kill shelter in WV. My friend who runs a rescue brought her up here for me. I thank my lucky stars every day :D Dogs don't come much more wonderful than Meg.

omg Gusto is tiiiiny!
So tiny, and yet about 3/4 of an inch too big! I was really hoping he'd be a 16" championship dog. Oh well, he'll rock the 16" performance division instead!

You NEED to figure out how to make Gusto clones pronto.
You may be the only other person in the world both crazy enough to want him, and capable of living with him! Mia, in a slightly larger, less hairy outfit.

Gusto looks like he is going to ROCK it!
Hopefully I can rock it as much as he's going to! I'll probably need roller skates to keep up with him on a straight line.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
You may be the only other person in the world both crazy enough to want him, and capable of living with him! Mia, in a slightly larger, less hairy outfit.
Well then you can just make one clone. ;) I really do adore him. He's pretty well perfect.

CaliTerp07

So tiny, and yet about 3/4 of an inch too big! I was really hoping he'd be a 16" championship dog. Oh well, he'll rock the 16" performance division instead!
Lucy too! She measures at 16.25", gah! I run her performance in USDAA too, because I see no point to forcing her to jump so much higher in that one venue since she jumps 16" everywhere else.

Both your dogs look great!

Members online

No members online now.